The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Does NHL 13 work on PS3?

#1Deck2199Posted 1/11/2013 1:08:28 PM
So I downloaded the demo for PS3 and when I try to play a game it freezes and causes my system to crash and upon reboot I have to go through a process where the system restores itself.

I did a google search and it appears NHL 13 freeing on the PS3 is a major issue. Some were saying maybe it was due to custom music but I have no custom music on my system.

So my question is basically if I buy NHL 13 for PS3 will it work? I'm not interested in owning a game that is unplayable and causes my system to crash.

Thanks.
#2The Amazing ViperPosted 1/11/2013 2:48:22 PM
PS3 has crashing problems across the board. NHL won't be any different. It may work for you it may not. Depends on the hardware you run. From what I hear slims seem to crash more frequently. But like I said the problems everywhere not just this game. Xbox isn't exempt from this either. I have had to swap discs with my girlfriend for xbox because it wouldn't work on hers. So we swapped and problem solved.

The best I can say is if you want to try it try it and if it crashes return it for a new copy. If that doesn't work they will have no excuse to not give a full refund.
---
The Rodney Dangerfield of the POW... Formerly the GSB
The Amazing Viper is your new board savior - MantleNotMouse
#3Deck2199(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:04:26 PM
Thanks Viper. I was considering buying a digital download of the game from the PSN store but the demo literally doesnt work at all. Crashes EVERY time I try to play a game. Tried the demo on another system and same results.

I can deal with a crash once in a while in the full game but don't want to download if it will be like the demo obviously.

Anyone try the full game digital download?
#4dingdongdingPosted 1/11/2013 3:34:57 PM
I play a few games a day and it has never crashed on me once yet.
#5Deck2199(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:58:58 PM
Thanks Dingdong. I have a couple follow up questions for you....

1. Did you ever download the demo? If so, did it work?

2. Did you download the full game from the PSN Store or did you buy the disk?

Thanks.
#6dingdongdingPosted 1/11/2013 6:30:08 PM
Deck2199 posted...
Thanks Dingdong. I have a couple follow up questions for you....

1. Did you ever download the demo? If so, did it work?

2. Did you download the full game from the PSN Store or did you buy the disk?

Thanks.

1.No I never downloaded the demo.

2.I bought the disk.
#7CloneTheHeroPosted 1/12/2013 2:15:33 AM
I've had it freeze on me a couple of times. Mostly while the menus are loading, and maybe once during gameplay.

It doesnt happen continuously for me. Maybe 1 freeze in menu one week, and then I wont get another freeze for weeks and weeks. Might be rougher for others.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Graces f, Gran Turismo 5, NHL 13 / PSN - Fatal error83
#8DaCSSMastahPosted 1/12/2013 1:20:18 PM
I have played the demo, and bought the disk.

Never a problem ever.
---
Graphic Designer since birth - www.cibgraphics.com
PRETTY + SMART: It takes more than good looks to make a design effective
#9Deck2199(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 3:50:09 PM
Ok fellas here is my main concern.......The demo didn't work at all on my system so I am afraid to purchase the full game download.

Honestly, not sure how to proceed at this point. I have a 120gb slim ps3 which has never had a problem up until the NHL 13 demo.
#10tripZ504Posted 1/12/2013 5:19:07 PM
Deck2199 posted...
Ok fellas here is my main concern.......The demo didn't work at all on my system so I am afraid to purchase the full game download.

Honestly, not sure how to proceed at this point. I have a 120gb slim ps3 which has never had a problem up until the NHL 13 demo.

Hard to say unless you try. At least with digital if it does freeze up u can get full refund. Only times I've had a problem it was locking up while grabbing something from the server and not often. The demo may be doing that cause its looking for something on ea's server that's not there
---
YouTube - tripz504