Should I get this game?

#1davidpontePosted 1/21/2013 9:34:57 AM
I haven't played a new NHL game since NHL 11, but before that I had bought it every single year. The end of the lockout has made me once again want to play NHL, but I've heard some bad things about this years instalment.

Should I get this game, if anything because I haven't played the series for a few years?
---
PSN: Simmons-94
#2NewpDawgPosted 1/21/2013 11:06:42 AM
davidponte posted...
I haven't played a new NHL game since NHL 11, but before that I had bought it every single year. The end of the lockout has made me once again want to play NHL, but I've heard some bad things about this years instalment.

Should I get this game, if anything because I haven't played the series for a few years?

I haven't played since NHL 09, and I decided to pick this up yesterday. Personally, I'm having a lot of fun with it. I've only been able to play for a couple hours, but I see myself logging a ton more hours on it. Great improvement since 09.
#3Mellerker38Posted 1/21/2013 8:28:19 PM
This game trophies are much harder to unlock and why do I need online pass to have access to roster updates.
#4Big_Daddy_TPosted 1/21/2013 10:32:23 PM
because it's an online service, so cough up 10 bucks cheapo.
---
3DS FC: 3437-4032-0260
Inbox me if you add me so i can add you
#5tricky_onePosted 1/25/2013 5:45:35 PM
NewpDawg posted...
davidponte posted...

I haven't played since NHL 09, and I decided to pick this up yesterday. Personally, I'm having a lot of fun with it. I've only been able to play for a couple hours, but I see myself logging a ton more hours on it. Great improvement since 09.

I was in the same situation as you. I have NHL 2003-09 and now finally decided to buy 13. A lot as changed for me and I've never played 11 but the new skating and goaltending add a new experience to the game. I'm having a blast playing it and have already clocked in over 100 hrs in. Try the demo and see if the differences are enough for you.
---
PSN torlon