Unique Contracts in GM Mode

#1tricky_onePosted 2/14/2013 10:06:44 AM
How do you make unique contracts? The stats screen says I've made 3 of them yet the only options I see when making contracts is to increase/ decrease pay/ years and 1-2 way. After 16 seasons of making contracts only by those standards I would assume I would have noticed a special one. Am I missing something?
---
PSN torlon
#2The Amazing ViperPosted 2/21/2013 9:18:17 AM
Maybe it means adjust someones contract to your liking instead of theirs. I used to just give key players what they want but lately I've been adding years and decreasing/increasing wages. Maybe thats what they mean by unique?
---
The Rodney Dangerfield of the POW... Formerly the GSB
The Amazing Viper is your new board savior - MantleNotMouse
#3DoctorNekoPosted 3/4/2013 4:55:24 PM
A very late reply, but the "unique contract" is a count of how many GM contracts you have signed. The first "unique contract" is always the first three years you signed with your first team. Then you can choose to resign with the current team (if the owner is happy) or move onto another team. That's your second "unique contract".
---
Now playing:
Dark Souls, GW2, NHL13, BF3
#4The Amazing ViperPosted 3/5/2013 12:10:20 PM
Shouldn't that be a GM contract. Or does EA, along with not knowing the rules to a sport they simulate, not know the meaning of unique?
---
#5tricky_one(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 7:12:26 PM
DoctorNeko posted...
A very late reply, but the "unique contract" is a count of how many GM contracts you have signed. The first "unique contract" is always the first three years you signed with your first team. Then you can choose to resign with the current team (if the owner is happy) or move onto another team. That's your second "unique contract".

Well that's a let down. I was expecting the ability to make 10 year long contracts with high up front payments and extremely low final years. It's not like those aren't already in the game for current contracts.

Anyways, thanks for the replies everyone.
---
PSN torlon
#6DoctorNekoPosted 3/5/2013 10:11:48 PM
The Amazing Viper posted...
Shouldn't that be a GM contract. Or does EA, along with not knowing the rules to a sport they simulate, not know the meaning of unique?

Well, the "unique contract" is listed under the GM stats menu, so they could assume that the audience would understand everything on that screen would be about the GM (you) and not the players.
---
Now playing:
#7The Amazing ViperPosted 3/6/2013 10:24:49 AM
DoctorNeko posted...

Well, the "unique contract" is listed under the GM stats menu, so they could assume that the audience would understand everything on that screen would be about the GM (you) and not the players.

Shouldn't they know to not make assumptions because they will look like an ass and the ump will tion them. >_>
---
#8DoctorNekoPosted 3/6/2013 11:35:19 AM
Shouldn't they know to not make assumptions because they will look like an ass and the ump will tion them. >_>

Well, that's what they did, and that's why they failed, and that's why we have this thread. lol
---
Now playing: