Do unsigned prospects still gain experience/grow in minor leagues?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. NHL 13
  3. Do unsigned prospects still gain experience/grow in minor leagues?

User Info: chaotix247

chaotix247
3 years ago#1
OHL, ECHL, WHL, etc. For example since I'm a Devils fan, let's say I drafted some guy like Reid Boucher when the Devils did, obviously didn't sign him, and he gets 60+ goals in a season down there (of course it's impossible to check in the contracts screen). Would that 60+ goal season add to that prospects potential and then I can sign them later to rip up the AHL/NHL?
Capcom needs to go out of business to learn what they have done.
Currently Playing - DMCHD, Far Cry 3, NHL13, BO2 (vaguely), MGR Rising Revengeance

User Info: DoctorNeko

DoctorNeko
3 years ago#2
Yes, they grow without a contract as well. I had a 52-ovr player with a 2-star potential. As with my own policy, I didnt sign him (I only sign those with 3.5-star or above). The next season he grew to 64, but still with a 2-star potential.

That aside, I dont see why you would not sign prospects. If you can send the prospect to junior, you dont waste a contract year with him. His contract only kicks in when he plays in the AHL (at least, that's how it works in the game).
Now playing:
Dark Souls, NHL13, Gundam Breaker, BF3

chaotix247
3 years ago#3
Yeah because I just signed Nathan Mackinnon and of course he's a superstar in the making but I didn't want to rush him into the AHL and hurt his development.
Currently Playing - DMCHD, Far Cry 3, NHL13, BO2 (vaguely), MGR Rising Revengeance
The Amazing Viper 3 years ago#4
Rush him lol? He was my second line wing in the NHL his first year with me. He grew to a 90 something after his second or third. He started at 75 or something . I can't recall if it was this game or last though.
The Rodney Dangerfield of the POW... Formerly the GSB
The Amazing Viper is your new board savior - MantleNotMouse

chaotix247
3 years ago#5
He was a 65 when I drafted him. Can't really put him on my 4th line my team is stacked offensively and deep with forwards.
The Amazing Viper 3 years ago#6
Trade bait?

User Info: DoctorNeko

DoctorNeko
3 years ago#7
The Amazing Viper posted...
Trade bait?

You can trade them without a contract...
Now playing:
Dark Souls, NHL13, Gundam Breaker, BF3
The Amazing Viper 3 years ago#8
Yes you can trade their rights. But I was thinking one of the fourth liners as he's all but guaranteed future first line.
  1. Boards
  2. NHL 13
  3. Do unsigned prospects still gain experience/grow in minor leagues?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived