Do unsigned prospects still gain experience/grow in minor leagues?

#1chaotix247Posted 4/5/2013 8:46:19 PM
OHL, ECHL, WHL, etc. For example since I'm a Devils fan, let's say I drafted some guy like Reid Boucher when the Devils did, obviously didn't sign him, and he gets 60+ goals in a season down there (of course it's impossible to check in the contracts screen). Would that 60+ goal season add to that prospects potential and then I can sign them later to rip up the AHL/NHL?
---
Capcom needs to go out of business to learn what they have done.
Currently Playing - DMCHD, Far Cry 3, NHL13, BO2 (vaguely), MGR Rising Revengeance
#2DoctorNekoPosted 4/5/2013 9:32:34 PM
Yes, they grow without a contract as well. I had a 52-ovr player with a 2-star potential. As with my own policy, I didnt sign him (I only sign those with 3.5-star or above). The next season he grew to 64, but still with a 2-star potential.

That aside, I dont see why you would not sign prospects. If you can send the prospect to junior, you dont waste a contract year with him. His contract only kicks in when he plays in the AHL (at least, that's how it works in the game).
---
Now playing:
Dark Souls, NHL13, Gundam Breaker, BF3
#3chaotix247(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 10:01:39 PM
Yeah because I just signed Nathan Mackinnon and of course he's a superstar in the making but I didn't want to rush him into the AHL and hurt his development.
---
Currently Playing - DMCHD, Far Cry 3, NHL13, BO2 (vaguely), MGR Rising Revengeance
#4The Amazing ViperPosted 4/9/2013 9:25:38 AM
Rush him lol? He was my second line wing in the NHL his first year with me. He grew to a 90 something after his second or third. He started at 75 or something . I can't recall if it was this game or last though.
---
The Rodney Dangerfield of the POW... Formerly the GSB
The Amazing Viper is your new board savior - MantleNotMouse
#5chaotix247(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 9:51:34 AM
He was a 65 when I drafted him. Can't really put him on my 4th line my team is stacked offensively and deep with forwards.
---
#6The Amazing ViperPosted 4/10/2013 12:51:29 PM
Trade bait?
---
#7DoctorNekoPosted 4/10/2013 12:52:53 PM
The Amazing Viper posted...
Trade bait?

You can trade them without a contract...
---
Now playing:
Dark Souls, NHL13, Gundam Breaker, BF3
#8The Amazing ViperPosted 4/10/2013 1:33:55 PM
Yes you can trade their rights. But I was thinking one of the fourth liners as he's all but guaranteed future first line.
---