Do players grabbed on waivers count against cap if I bring them up?

#1chaotix247Posted 4/12/2013 8:19:44 PM
For some reason..2nd Place Carolina in Be a GM just put Eric Staal on waivers. Of course I claimed him. 86 overall still at 31 years. I want to bring him up but....my cap is 6.7$ for this year. What do?
---
Capcom needs to go out of business to learn what they have done.
Currently Playing - DMCHD, Far Cry 3, NHL13, BO2 (vaguely), MGR Rising Revengeance
#2tricky_onePosted 4/14/2013 11:43:20 PM
Your cap is everyone that is on your NHL roster, whether playing or scratched. I would try sending down someone with a 2-way contract or take a chance with a player on waivers. Of course you could always make a trade to lower your cap.
---
PSN torlon
#3chaotix247(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 10:22:23 PM
Ah okay thanks. Also another unrelated question, my team is pretty damn stacked offensively and defensively, goalie is a beast (Won Vezina and Conn Smythe 2 years in a row) yet this season I did one simulation and started 7-24-3 (with same stanley cup winning team sans one defender) and now at the deadline (I didn't save before) with an above 500 record I lose every 5/6 games I sim.
---
Capcom needs to go out of business to learn what they have done.
Currently Playing - DMCHD, Far Cry 3, NHL13, BO2 (vaguely), MGR Rising Revengeance
#4tricky_onePosted 4/16/2013 3:19:21 PM
Yeah that's happened to me before. After winning a cup the next year I'd miss the playoffs. I've also had it the other way around, miss the playoffs and win the cup the following year. It was mostly due to unconsistent goaltending during those years. Sims are very unreliable but the next year you shouldn't have a big problem.

PS. If you do continue to have trouble try playing around with your team strategies.
---
PSN torlon