What's with the lag online?

#1Jason_HudsonPosted 4/14/2013 9:36:12 AM
I thought Call of Duty's lag was bad, but this is something else. It's not every match, but most matches will have some form of freezing with the "please wait" box, stuttering and such. If it even loads. Currently in a loading loop in fact.

Even FIFA 13 doesn't run this bad, what the hell is wrong here?

I've looked at my connection. I've tried out other games. No issues, even on P2P games like CoD and Fifa. There are issues sometimes in those games, but it's not every single game.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#2tripZ504Posted 4/15/2013 6:05:57 AM
Don't even try to figure it out lol

Basically they use p2p and a little server.

In vs type games the server is used for matchmaking then once connected it goes p2p. In OTP it's the same but in EASHL the server hangs around. Also with the servers in matchmaking they sometimes put you in the wrong one ( out of your area ) which will cause the lagg. Lastly the game pulls data from the server quite often even while idle so with 10 - 20 k online is gonna cause some congestion.

A short run of my theory. I monitored activity while playing and ea didn't deny it when questioned. Hope it helps. Each game is different comparing networks will just make it worse.
---
YouTube - tripz504
#3Ice WeaselPosted 4/22/2013 6:34:20 AM
Pretty much every NHL game has been like this for me. EA has notoriously poor servers.
#4tripZ504Posted 4/22/2013 7:19:00 PM
Ice Weasel posted...
Pretty much every NHL game has been like this for me. EA has notoriously poor servers.

Last year was the worst for me. This year it's just starting.
---
YouTube - tripz504