NHL 14 Features

#1chickabumpbumpPosted 4/15/2013 7:04:43 AM
NHL® Collision Physics – Developed from the same core technology that powers EA SPORTS FIFA’s critically-acclaimed Player Impact Engine, NHL® Collision Physics introduces bigger, more thrilling hits, and truer-to-life collisions. A new left-stick control scheme makes delivering a game-changing hit simpler and more rewarding than ever.

Enforcer Engine – There is a code in hockey, when it’s broken you have to respond. A first for the NHL franchise, Fight Night technology delivers a new 3rd person experience, physics-based punch targeting and player size differentiation to every fight, creating the most authentic and electrifying experience yet.

One-Touch Dekes – Experience what it feels like to be a superstar through a new, more responsive deking system controlled only with the left stick and one-button. From beginner to advanced gamers, the system allows for quicker reactive dekes and intuitive combination dekes, creating more moves than ever before.

True Performance Skating – Built on the breakthrough innovation that introduced physics-based skating and over 1,000 new skating animations to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise. The second year of the True Performance Skating features improved acceleration, explosive first-strides, quicker pivots and enhanced lateral skating, resulting in greater player responsiveness and unprecedented control.

Live the Life – The new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can truly Live the Life of an NHL player. On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression.

EA SPORTS NHL Online Seasons – NHL 14 adds the best-in-class promotion and relegation system in the sports category to the Hockey Ultimate Team & EA SPORTS Hockey League modes. Win games and advance to the next division to face tougher competition, fall short and see your team bumped down. Teams will be able to track their progress across multiple seasons.
#2tricky_onePosted 4/19/2013 4:21:17 PM
I'm trying not to buy NHL games annually again but if NHL14 delivers just like 13 did for me then I'll consider getting it. BAP is really the only mode I care about and I hope this NHL player experience thing isn't going to be just some thrown in feature. It should have a meaning and effect coaching/ league/ audience decisions/ chants. On the other hand, I don't want to be forced to do boring mini-games before/ after a game.

Thanks for the info.
---
PSN torlon
#3Ice WeaselPosted 4/20/2013 12:44:44 PM
No more first-person fighting? I'm in.
#4tripZ504Posted 4/20/2013 12:59:38 PM
I ll get day 1 return day 2.

They way they and reviewers are building it up its gonna be a mess.

OTP / drop in - troll central now that you can run your own guy down.

One button everything. Well at least it stops the crying.

Seems like they dummied it down for those who struggle. So expect super dekes all the time. My biggest thing is they messed up on one engine and there adding elements from another. Expect bugs worse than ever
---
YouTube - tripz504
#5DoctorNekoPosted 4/20/2013 1:11:23 PM
I am not impressed by the new features. I was not getting 13 until they announced GM Connected. I was so pumped that I got the game day 1. To bad that mode was such a mess. I am definitely not getting 14, at least not in the first few months.
---
Now playing:
Dark Souls, NHL13, Gundam Breaker, BF3
#6Ice WeaselPosted 4/22/2013 6:31:11 AM
Disappointed they're not doing anything about the commentary. It's probably the weakest part of the series IMO. It doesn't flow well and the number of names Thorne gets wrong is just embarrassing.
#7Jason_HudsonPosted 4/22/2013 12:28:29 PM
"EA SPORTS NHL Online Seasons – NHL 14 adds the best-in-class promotion and relegation system in the sports category to the Hockey Ultimate Team & EA SPORTS Hockey League modes"

If that's like the season mode in FIFA (with the clubs, not ultimate team) then they've sold me on the game. The online is somewhat appealing right now, when it's not lagging of course, but it all feels rather pointless. A league like in FIFA is what would really help.

And 3rd person fighting, about time. Hated the first person fighting system ever since it appeared in NHL 10.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#8tripZ504Posted 4/22/2013 7:15:55 PM
Jason_Hudson posted...
"EA SPORTS NHL Online Seasons – NHL 14 adds the best-in-class promotion and relegation system in the sports category to the Hockey Ultimate Team & EA SPORTS Hockey League modes"

If that's like the season mode in FIFA (with the clubs, not ultimate team) then they've sold me on the game. The online is somewhat appealing right now, when it's not lagging of course, but it all feels rather pointless. A league like in FIFA is what would really help.

And 3rd person fighting, about time. Hated the first person fighting system ever since it appeared in NHL 10.

I hear a lot of good from FIFA. Few club members skipped NHL 13 for FIFA. Till sept hits its all a big who knows.
---
YouTube - tripz504
#9cheddary16Posted 4/24/2013 8:04:59 AM
No more HUT?
---
PSN: Cpl_Brasilli
#10tripZ504Posted 4/24/2013 8:06:48 AM
cheddary16 posted...
No more HUT?

It will be there they generally don't talk abou it unless Thers a major change
---
YouTube - tripz504