so EA only wants a penguin,blackhawk,blue,devil,shark,blue jacket,king, or

#11CloneTheHeroPosted 5/21/2013 8:48:23 AM
PsychoD_Boy posted...
We all know Jamie Benn is gonna win so just vote for him now......WHAT? I can dream can't I?! *cries in corner clutching Stars jersey*

If only
---
Currently Playing: PS Home, Ni no Kuni, NHL 13 / PSN - Fatal error83
#12rowgue34Posted 5/21/2013 1:45:48 PM
tripZ504 posted...
rowgue34 posted...
tripZ504 posted...
Axel2134 posted...
I'm pretty sure EA doesn't make the decision, players are chosen and represented by each team.

Then who decides? Only been 20+ years of ea calling the shots

Every team has preliminary voting that determines which of their players get nominated for it. Every team gets at least one player in the pool and then they get matched up bracket style and fans vote which player in each matchup should win until there is only one left. The voting is all done by the fans and the NHL. You can go to the NHLs site anytime and see the voting status for the current round of matchups as well as the results of previous rounds.

EA can't put any player's image on the cover without the okay of both the NHL and the NHLPA.

No it's not part of any agreement. The voting is relatively new, but that's just how the NHL and the players association decided to determine who they were going to tell EA to put on the cover.

They always have and always will control who is on the cover. That's simply how copyright law works. EA can't use any image, name or anything else associated with the NHL or a specific player without approval. The most EA could do is request permission to use a certain player, but the league and the union still have to approve it.

Now yes. Was part of their new agreement. Wasn't always like that.
#13PsychoD_BoyPosted 5/21/2013 7:22:06 PM
CloneTheHero posted...
PsychoD_Boy posted...
We all know Jamie Benn is gonna win so just vote for him now......WHAT? I can dream can't I?! *cries in corner clutching Stars jersey*

If only

Hell yeah thats 2 votes for Benn! Are we in the lead?
---
DC Universe(PS3) - Pessimism Man HL DPS CR90
Leader of JusticeLeagueOfSwitzerland
#14tripZ504Posted 5/22/2013 7:06:12 AM
rowgue34 posted...
tripZ504 posted...
rowgue34 posted...
tripZ504 posted...
Axel2134 posted...
I'm pretty sure EA doesn't make the decision, players are chosen and represented by each team.

Then who decides? Only been 20+ years of ea calling the shots

Every team has preliminary voting that determines which of their players get nominated for it. Every team gets at least one player in the pool and then they get matched up bracket style and fans vote which player in each matchup should win until there is only one left. The voting is all done by the fans and the NHL. You can go to the NHLs site anytime and see the voting status for the current round of matchups as well as the results of previous rounds.

EA can't put any player's image on the cover without the okay of both the NHL and the NHLPA.

No it's not part of any agreement. The voting is relatively new, but that's just how the NHL and the players association decided to determine who they were going to tell EA to put on the cover.

They always have and always will control who is on the cover. That's simply how copyright law works. EA can't use any image, name or anything else associated with the NHL or a specific player without approval. The most EA could do is request permission to use a certain player, but the league and the union still have to approve it.

Now yes. Was part of their new agreement. Wasn't always like that.

So you work for ea? Or the nhlpa?
---
YouTube - tripz504
#15rowgue34Posted 5/23/2013 8:52:23 AM
Lol. I understand basic copyright law. That is all that is required.