Net play

#1chickabumpbumpPosted 5/10/2013 1:37:09 PM
How do you stop your forwards from standing infront of the net for rebounds.

When im cycling between my D and my Center I dont want Ovechkin and Neal who are my penguin wingers and can shoot with all this skill STANDING AND FIGHTING infront of the god damn goalie. You also cant pull them off the D since they for some reason get stuck to the D men and the AI can pin you there, despite you being side to side or back to back to the other players.

God this game has SO much wrong with it
#2tripZ504Posted 5/10/2013 5:25:49 PM
Can be annoying. Epically when your looking at an open net and a loose puck.

I generally just let off the controller then move opposite direction. Works most of the time. Mind you that OTP
---
YouTube - tripz504
#3rowgue34Posted 5/21/2013 12:05:03 AM
I know what you mean. It's really frustrating. And no matter how you change your teams strategy they still always do the same thing. Two forwards sit in front of the net dancing with opposing players. Basically unless you score on the initial rush AI offense consists of one forward running around in the zone until he gives the puck away since he has nobody to pass to except the D men at the blue line, and half of those passes get intercepted.

The real issue with the AI in this game is that the AI for the CPU is completely different than the AI for players on your team.

The CPU actually makes good hockey plays, sets up scoring opportunities, actually defends guys when they come in on the rush, gets their sticks in passing lanes, challenges along the boards, are always around the crease ready to put back rebound chances. The AI for CPU controlled teams is actually pretty solid.

Your team does none of that though, or the ones they do they do very rarely. The blatant dumbing down of the AI on player controlled teams is really stupid. That along with the idiotic catch up gimmick EA puts in all their games just makes things unrealistically stupid.
#4tripZ504Posted 5/21/2013 7:37:07 AM
Not completely broken. They explained it in one of the NHL 14 vids. And a lot in one 13 vid.

So with them explaining that the Ai will recognize more than one player At a time and focus on the bigger threat. So I have a 2 - 1. Gretzky and some no name. Now the D and G are Gona focus on Gretzky and leaves the mo name open.

Now for human teams ai. I don't know how you play but 90% of the games I play. I see players getting pulled out of position, plays run completely backwards. So now your taking the ai out of it element and at times gets confused. Or forcing another to take over a position.

Watch a CPU vs CPU game. When you understand the ai it gets easier

It's amazing how much real life elements they got out of this yet still so many angry.
---
YouTube - tripz504
#5rowgue34Posted 5/21/2013 1:56:59 PM
tripZ504 posted...
Not completely broken. They explained it in one of the NHL 14 vids. And a lot in one 13 vid.

So with them explaining that the Ai will recognize more than one player At a time and focus on the bigger threat. So I have a 2 - 1. Gretzky and some no name. Now the D and G are Gona focus on Gretzky and leaves the mo name open.

Now for human teams ai. I don't know how you play but 90% of the games I play. I see players getting pulled out of position, plays run completely backwards. So now your taking the ai out of it element and at times gets confused. Or forcing another to take over a position.

Watch a CPU vs CPU game. When you understand the ai it gets easier

It's amazing how much real life elements they got out of this yet still so many angry.

Because the AI is blatantly and obviously skewed to favor the CPU. The AI for CPU teams is improved, and reasonably good. The AI for your teammates is still horrendously bad to the point where it's obvious they did it on purpose in an attempt to handicap the player in order to add fake difficulty.

There is no rational reason CPU teams should play reasonably close to how a real team plays, and your teammates play like they've all just had lobotomies and have no idea what hockey is or what they're doing on the ice.