NHL 14teen... lol

#1CloneTheHeroPosted 5/22/2013 12:08:05 PM(edited)
So who's getting NHL 14? I'm thinking about staying on 13. I hate dumping 60 smackers on basically the same thing, especially sports games, where there are minor improvements, or really ridiculous and unnessary overhauls.

Sports games really just need roster updates, thats all, and theyre still good for another year or two. DLC's keep em alive too. I'll probably skip 14.
---
Currently Playing: PS Home, Ni no Kuni, NHL 13 / PSN - Fatal error83
#2TechN9ne4PrezPosted 5/22/2013 6:04:49 PM
When it comes to sports games, I usually buy every other year. So I will be holding out for NHL 15 unless they radically overhaul GM mode in NHL 14.
#3CloneTheHero(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 6:34:21 PM(edited)
Yeah that's typically what I do too. I just hope the online community is still there once 14 is out because I play a lot of online modes.
---
Currently Playing: PS Home, Ni no Kuni, NHL 13 / PSN - Fatal error83
#4tripZ504Posted 5/25/2013 6:00:42 AM
CloneTheHero posted...
Yeah that's typically what I do too. I just hope the online community is still there once 14 is out because I play a lot of online modes.

It will for a while 12 is pretty storing from what I'm told.

I'm not touching 14. To much new stuff from a team who couldn't handle 13 engine.
---
YouTube - tripz504
#5tricky_onePosted 5/30/2013 1:03:04 PM
I withheld on buying nhl games after nhl09 and finally bought nhl13. I don't plan on buying 14 because I only play BAP and I've only played through 4 seasons. Probably the biggest reason I'm not buying it is because gta v and kh 1.5 come out in the same week. Not to mention I want to buy a ps4 and the next nhl game isn't using ea's new engine. If anything, we should wait for nhl15 when the next 'real' game comes out.
---
PSN torlon
#6The Amazing ViperPosted 6/3/2013 12:55:56 PM
Nobody liked my every other year theory, even though I think it would increase quality while not taking a massive hit on their own end. If you search you will find it on the 13 boards.

People that agree with most of my topics turned on me on this one lol. That means most likely the masses won't go for it. Its mostly the hardcore guys most likely.

In short it was an idea for every other year with $20 patch/update. That would get people like you (casual) to drop another $20 (which as much as you might deny it, you will buy it if its more than a roster update) instead of losing that 20$ and and possibly more because you won't spend that $60 on a new copy. This way, everyone who bought new will buy the update and everyone who waits will buy the uodate, plus higher quality opens the doors to new fans who may not be so into the said sport.

The main point. I guess would be look at the every other year games and their quality in comparison with yearly games. You'll see the yearly releases are inferior in quality to those that are not.
---
The Rodney Dangerfield of the POW... Formerly the GSB
The Amazing Viper is your new board savior - MantleNotMouse
#7CloneTheHero(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2013 2:49:26 PM(edited)
The Amazing Viper posted...
Nobody liked my every other year theory, even though I think it would increase quality while not taking a massive hit on their own end. If you search you will find it on the 13 boards.

People that agree with most of my topics turned on me on this one lol. That means most likely the masses won't go for it. Its mostly the hardcore guys most likely.

In short it was an idea for every other year with $20 patch/update. That would get people like you (casual) to drop another $20 (which as much as you might deny it, you will buy it if its more than a roster update) instead of losing that 20$ and and possibly more because you won't spend that $60 on a new copy. This way, everyone who bought new will buy the update and everyone who waits will buy the uodate, plus higher quality opens the doors to new fans who may not be so into the said sport.

The main point. I guess would be look at the every other year games and their quality in comparison with yearly games. You'll see the yearly releases are inferior in quality to those that are not.

I'm not a 'casual' gamer. Just a gamer who spends his money wisely. You kinda lost me too, that makes no sense to me. Who pays for roster updates? Those are free, that would only further direct anger at EA.
---
Currently Playing: PS Home, Tales of Graces f, NHL 13
#8The Amazing ViperPosted 6/4/2013 9:47:15 AM
It would be an update you pay for not so unlike expansion maps and other dlc you already pay for today. Only a few months longer to work on the next project. And if you don't buy a lot of sports games you are a casual sports gamer and this is who this is directed towards. I explained in detail in the other thread, just too lazy to repeat. Sorry.
---
#9The Amazing ViperPosted 6/4/2013 10:05:00 AM
Basically it was what you said in op only giving them something for it so they make money still and we get better quality. Win win for business and consumer. I admitted in the other topic that its a little consumer biased as ea would take a possible hit in sales be it a small one. Or it could revolutionize how sports games are made and blow sales and revenue up. It's risky but worth a try imo. I mean they tried that failure of a season pass for more so why not try, idk, maybe doing something with the customer in mind instead of their wallet? Maybe people wouldnt vote them worst company. :P
---
#10CloneTheHero(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 2:53:24 PM
The Amazing Viper posted...
Basically it was what you said in op only giving them something for it so they make money still and we get better quality. Win win for business and consumer. I admitted in the other topic that its a little consumer biased as ea would take a possible hit in sales be it a small one. Or it could revolutionize how sports games are made and blow sales and revenue up. It's risky but worth a try imo. I mean they tried that failure of a season pass for more so why not try, idk, maybe doing something with the customer in mind instead of their wallet? Maybe people wouldnt vote them worst company. :P

That sounds ridiculous really. Why would I pay them after I've already made a conciouss decision not to go forth and purchase their new game? They've already had record sells with NHL 13, and I'm sure 14 will do just the same if not better, so no, theyre not hurting for money.
---
Currently Playing: PS Home, Tales of Graces f, NHL 13