So how do I get a better player for online?

#1DaCSSMastahPosted 7/21/2013 6:59:23 PM
I tried playing online today for the first time today and the character I was using just plain sucked. He was slow unresponsive and people kept on swearing at me saying I sucked because the only position I could get was defense and I can't keep up with faster more experienced players. My experience was bad to say the least. I want to play online but not if my only contribution is maybe a poke check (which seemingly my player doesn't even know how to do half the time)

I'm not the best player, but I know I'm not that bad as my online player would like to make me out to be.

I don't really play be a pro if that is what it is based off of. I typically play a normal season using all players.

Am I really forced to play a whole season or so of be a pro just to have any chance of playing online with a half way decent character or what's the deal?
---
Graphic Designer since birth - www.cibgraphics.com
PRETTY + SMART: It takes more than good looks to make a design effective
#2DoctorNekoPosted 7/21/2013 7:24:08 PM
Offline Be A Pro has nothing to do with Online (other than unlocking boosters).
---
Now playing:
Gundam Breaker, BF3, Dragon's Dogma
#3DaCSSMastah(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 7:29:16 PM
So there is nothing I can do about my sucky player. I couldn't find a place to see stats or anything. It kinda just threw me in a game. Not even any games based on my skill
---
Graphic Designer since birth - www.cibgraphics.com
PRETTY + SMART: It takes more than good looks to make a design effective
#4The Amazing ViperPosted 7/22/2013 11:19:16 AM
DaCSSMastah posted...
So there is nothing I can do about my sucky player. I couldn't find a place to see stats or anything. It kinda just threw me in a game. Not even any games based on my skill

Games you go into are random for the most part. You can get thrown in with vets or a team of rookies just starting. As for a better player, you must play a certain number of games online while maintaining grades like team play and stats.
---
The Rodney Dangerfield of the POW... Formerly the GSB
The Amazing Viper is your new board savior - MantleNotMouse
#5tripZ504Posted 7/22/2013 11:48:28 AM
Just keep playing and lvl up.

Don't mind the mouth pieces. They will moan no matter what.

Go to my pro and then edit attributes.
#6frenchfried28Posted 7/22/2013 10:44:29 PM
Eh. Forget the player and play a team online. JK, do what you want and people who talk crap aren't worth playing with or against. We all can't be pros who play 10 hrs a day. Until 14 is out that is.
---
psn--frenchfried28
#7The Amazing ViperPosted 7/23/2013 1:00:15 PM
You don't need to play 10hrs to know basic positioning and know that passing to teammates is necessary. That's the only "poor" play ill be vocal about. If you miss an open net? Oh well, next time. Over lead a pass? No biggie. But skate all over like a chicken with no head? Or refuse to pass anyone? I'll ask nicely once or twice before I start ripping. Also d men playing wing annoys me but that goes under positioning. As well as a RW behind his own net forchecking and leaving his D assigment wide open all day.
---
The Rodney Dangerfield of the POW... Formerly the GSB
The Amazing Viper is your new board savior - MantleNotMouse
#8tripZ504Posted 7/23/2013 3:09:55 PM
D men going end to end is my big peeve. I don't mind if I get caught back. I ll cover but when I'm wide open and they keep going i will go offside on purpose.

I understand that most D don't get passed too. Hard for them to get points but if you play your position I will hit you with a pass every time. I play d a lot I know how it feels.