Online pass still needed?

#1butniePosted 7/26/2013 9:35:03 PM
I heard EA is slowly eliminating their online pass and this person on craigslist wants to trade his NHL for my Ni No Kuni.
#2tripZ504Posted 7/27/2013 5:27:14 AM
I don't think so. But go in the store and check first. It will say free if they dropped it
#3jdotmattinsonPosted 7/29/2013 8:03:13 AM
I think they are only eliminating it from new releases as they come out (NHL 14 and forward).
---
PSN: Jdot-Mattinson
iOS Game Center: jdotmattinson
#4The Amazing ViperPosted 7/29/2013 8:40:06 AM
I heard it was the season pass not online pass.
---
The Rodney Dangerfield of the POW... Formerly the GSB
The Amazing Viper is your new board savior - MantleNotMouse
#5The Amazing ViperPosted 7/29/2013 8:41:39 AM
Oh, don't trade unless you don't want a much better NHL 14.
---
#6tripZ504Posted 7/29/2013 5:49:09 PM
Some ea games have changed there online passes to free.

I checked NHL 13 and there was nothing there. Either they took it down or is gone cause I redeemed it already.
#7The Amazing ViperPosted 7/30/2013 9:26:27 AM
tripZ504 posted...
Some ea games have changed there online passes to free.

I checked NHL 13 and there was nothing there. Either they took it down or is gone cause I redeemed it already.

It wouldn't be gone. It would have a check to show you redeemed it. I wonder if I should check bf3 to see if the online pass is gone.

I totally downplayed this news thinking it was their $25 season pass which I'm embarrassed that I spent money on. Oh well. Chalked up as a loss.
---
#8The Amazing ViperPosted 7/30/2013 10:06:13 AM
https://help.ea.com/article/online-pass-has-been-discontinued

There. All online passes are gone. To those who already spent money on these: congrats. Ea has taken your money once again with nothing to show for it.

How about a little reward for those that did buy into it and showed loyalty despite EAs attempt vacuum the hard earned money out of our pocket? Will never happen. And this is why EA is not only the worst game developer but the worst overall company as voted by the people. Why because they simply don't care about us (the people they should as we are the ones spending money on it) but because they are a monopoly for the most part they get and will get away with it for years to come.
---
#9tripZ504Posted 7/30/2013 11:01:06 AM
Ya they use to show purchased.

When they first pulled them they showed up as free. I guess as the weeks went by they just started pulling them.

Those season passes / ticket I could only see being worth it if you wanted the game a few days early.
#10The Amazing ViperPosted 7/30/2013 12:01:31 PM(edited)
tripZ504 posted...
Ya they use to show purchased.

When they first pulled them they showed up as free. I guess as the weeks went by they just started pulling them.

Those season passes / ticket I could only see being worth it if you wanted the game a few days early.

Yeah what I meant was it wouldn't disappear because you downloaded it. It would disappear because they simply don't have it anymore.

And no, as a season pass member, even a 3day preview isn't good enough to warrant that. If anything they should continue the 3day preview free. A gesture of goodwill you can say. That way people on the fence can make a decision. I for one played FIFA during the 3 day and had to buy it where as if I didn't play it it would've been very easy to ignore it.

They should do the 3 day as a prerelease demo then once the release day hits remove the full version and revert it to the cut demo to persuade those coming in late to buy it as well.

---