It's a beta people calm down..

#11Rome218Posted 10/6/2012 6:18:25 AM
Funny how this thread came from a new user after I made a comment saying, "There's always that one guy saying It's just a beta!".

It's 2012, and most of us have played in several betas on 360. We don't need a reminders, and we don't expect the final game to have drastic changes. Even a demo can be patched just like a "beta".

I remember this one demo that came out when everyone was on Halo 3. It was awesome and it played just like the real game would. It was called Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1.
#12mrshowtime333Posted 10/6/2012 6:38:08 AM
Gnarly_B posted...
"Come on, this is likely how the game will be at release."

No. This is older build of the game probably from a few months ago.

Why would a company do that? Release an old junk build to the public? Please explain that concept. Use your head.
#13_decitronPosted 10/6/2012 6:44:33 AM
TIL 7 lines of text is a wall.
---
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/439/mw3kids.jpg
#14_decitronPosted 10/6/2012 6:45:52 AM
Gnarly_B posted...

just like BF3 that pretty much the beta build until several patches later?
---
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/439/mw3kids.jpg
#15CycoMiko138Posted 10/6/2012 7:33:42 AM
mrshowtime333 posted...
Gnarly_B posted...

Why would a company do that? Release an old junk build to the public? Please explain that concept. Use your head.

To test server stability and check for balance issues. (You really couldn't think of that yourself?) A beta is for testing purposes, no matter how polished the build is.
#16chizzaroidPosted 10/6/2012 8:23:28 AM
I'm having BF3 beta flashbacks. That beta came out weeks before release and played and looked nothing like the final product. There were all sorts of glitches, textures not there, and the trees would pop in like a 10 year old game. I am confident his is not what we will get on the disc.
---
GT: Chizzatron
#17Rome218Posted 10/6/2012 8:33:35 AM
chizzaroid posted...
I'm having BF3 beta flashbacks. That beta came out weeks before release and played and looked nothing like the final product. There were all sorts of glitches, textures not there, and the trees would pop in like a 10 year old game. I am confident his is not what we will get on the disc.

Are you sure you played the BF3 Beta?

I'm not a marketing strategist, but I believe that putting out a ****y 3 weeks from release that will end 11 days release is a bad idea.

Especially when it's a sequel to a commercial flop.
#18TGPomy9795Posted 10/6/2012 8:45:53 AM
Ok, this game is surprisingly growing on me. I originally thought it was absolutely brutal, and looked like a PS2 game. However, I looked at some multiplayer gameplay online, and saw much better graphics, comparable to Battlefield 3, if not identical. Also, I heard that the game with ship on 2 discs, similar to BF3. Obviously this is because they need to fit all of the multiplayer HD texture packs on the multiplayer disc. I'm giving this another chance, because I think the real game with have good graphic quality.
#19CycoMiko138Posted 10/6/2012 8:46:23 AM
Rome218 posted...
chizzaroid posted...

Are you sure you played the BF3 Beta?

I'm not a marketing strategist, but I believe that putting out a ****y 3 weeks from release that will end 11 days release is a bad idea.

Especially when it's a sequel to a commercial flop.

I played the BF3 beta and chizzaroid is right. Some people seem to have selective memory when it comes to how well it played and how similar it was to the final product.

As for the last MoH being a commercial flop, that was also never the case. It got mostly average reviews, but still sold millions of copies.
#20fatclemenzaPosted 10/6/2012 9:01:12 AM
Except BF3 was still a buggy mess until about April of 2012.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone