How do you change your Nationality?

#1You_Need_A_LifePosted 10/25/2012 6:22:13 PM
I just started the game up and at the screen where you choose your Nationality, the game just automatically made me a US Navy SEAL, and I can't pick something different. I never chose to be a SEAL either, the game just forced me to be one.

How do you change that?
#2gamefan190Posted 10/25/2012 6:34:31 PM
delete game data and start up the game new again?
---
Games - Medal of Honor Warfighter, Assassin's Creed 3, Hitman: Absolution, Far Cry 3, DMC, Dead Space 3, Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance
#3You_Need_A_Life(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2012 6:50:03 PM
I tried that and when I went into Multiplayer, it launched the "Welcome to Battlenet" or whatever screen, and I'm still stuck as a SEAL.

I figured out where the screen to change Nationality is, but it says everything but SEALs are locked. Do I have to play as a SEAL to unlock other stuff or what?

This is getting stupid...
#4gamefan190Posted 10/25/2012 6:59:06 PM
delete the other thing, what's it called, Save Data I think it's called?
---
Games - Medal of Honor Warfighter, Assassin's Creed 3, Hitman: Absolution, Far Cry 3, DMC, Dead Space 3, Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance
#5xST6xAntCRPosted 10/25/2012 7:43:18 PM
Yes, you unlock more nationalities as you rank up.
---
PSN ID - xST6xAntCR
#6You_Need_A_Life(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2012 7:47:20 PM
That's dumb. How far do you have to level up before you can change it?
#7Ice WeaselPosted 10/25/2012 8:05:27 PM
Go to battlelog and change it there.
#8You_Need_A_Life(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2012 8:43:49 PM
Everything is locked for some reason. What the hell? My friend told me that you should be able to pick a country right off the bat and have a bunch of their classes unlocked from the get-go. Why is mine all screwed up? Now I don;t even wanna play...

...EA had better be able to reset my server info!
#9SeiferFCPosted 10/25/2012 10:11:56 PM
Jesus.

You need to level up. On the top left of the screen in a match there is a bar. It has a name under it like US OGA Sniper or something like that. That's your next country and class unlock. On the MP menu go to the My Soldier section or w/e it's called. Hit the triangle button on each class and the flag of any country that's not locked you can use by hitting X to select it.

Voila.
---
This is the scene where you swear your undying hatred for me!
#10HakuShounenPosted 10/25/2012 10:44:24 PM
You_Need_A_Life posted...
My friend told me that you should be able to pick a country right off the bat and have a bunch of their classes unlocked from the get-go.

This is not correct. At the beginning of the game you only have 1 nation with 1 class available, unless you got the limited edition and/or played Battlefield 3, in which case you get a couple bonus classes.

As already mentioned, you gain new classes and nationalities as you level up. You will have access to all 6 classes fairly quickly, but the available soldiers will be a hodgepodge of nationalities until you advance quite a bit further online.

Any time you unlock a new soldier the game will tell you, plus in the main multiplayer menu a blue circle with the number of unlocked soldiers (and weapons and medals) will appear on the tab at the top.

A big part of the appeal of multiplayer for a lot of people is unlocking all the various kit as you level up. This is true for most any online multiplayer game.
---
"I'm convinced if a cure for every disease known to man was found somebody would complain about the taste of the medicine." - treacadelic