This is what the game looks like when you get accustomed to the controls

#1someflagPosted 9/15/2012 5:32:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAvXzzuCVeY
#2RocketZXbluePosted 9/15/2012 7:23:25 PM
holy god...
---
RocketZXBlue on PSN
In progress: Golden sun dark dawn, kingdom hearts I (ps2), phantasy star ONLINE 2, persona 3 FES, Disgaea 4, Legasista
#3kasplat360Posted 9/15/2012 7:38:16 PM
Nice!

This game was the main reason I bought the original Dreamcast. There really hasn't been anything since that captured the same feel of doing an "infinite" grind. Someone watching just couldn't feel the same as the person playing when you manage to nail every jump, rail, etc. to keep the movement going.

Mostly I'm reading a lot of JSRF complaints about this game, but I'm sorely tempted to pick it up and see if if feels the same all over again.

This is the same kind of feeling I would like to get from a SSX remake. They could simply have done an HD SSX 3 or Tricky (I know people are split on the best) and it probably would have been better than what they put out.
#4Jet_Set_Radi_GoPosted 9/16/2012 3:32:51 AM
Bumping cause people need to realize it isn't the damn game's fault they suck
#5leezeebubPosted 9/16/2012 6:47:43 AM
I used to be that good at JSR but I pretty much suck now lol

What's the trick to pulling off the 180 thing where you keep you momentum and skate backwards? I was trying to do the tutorial but I just kept skidding to a halt... I only managed to do it by spazzing out on the stick and doing it by accident.

I couldn't even accidentally do the one after where you need to jump and 180 lol.
---
Leezeebub: Stamping on Goombas since 1985
Official Plaid Shirt Wearer Of PotD
#6bluetoastPosted 9/17/2012 7:56:36 AM
Damn, good stuff.
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/jj8jtu.gif
#7Beatperson14Posted 9/17/2012 9:34:07 AM
leezeebub posted...
I used to be that good at JSR but I pretty much suck now lol

What's the trick to pulling off the 180 thing where you keep you momentum and skate backwards? I was trying to do the tutorial but I just kept skidding to a halt... I only managed to do it by spazzing out on the stick and doing it by accident.

I couldn't even accidentally do the one after where you need to jump and 180 lol.

Hold the stick forward, dash, while dashing move it quickly backward then forward again, and press jump right as you hit forward again. Takes a lot of practice but makes some sick looking lines.
---
MODS=FAQS
#8pirajacintoPosted 9/17/2012 8:13:58 PM
That's..NOT how it looks like once you get accustomed to the controls. If it looked like that once you get accustomed to the controls, then why would anyone be impressed? That's how it looks once you kick ASS with the controls, not once you get good with it.

It's like showing a Tony Hawk 1000000+ score video and then say "This is what happens once you learn the moves".

Now, having said all that...the video is AMAZING! I never knew you could do that good and that smooth in the game. Lots of places to grind and jump off of I never thought of doing.
---
It was great seeing Aerith run around Times Square and Pedigree opponents in the train station. - Strife2
If love can hurt, then surely hate can save. - Altena
#9Seifer_usPosted 9/17/2012 8:34:59 PM
pirajacinto posted...
That's..NOT how it looks like once you get accustomed to the controls. If it looked like that once you get accustomed to the controls, then why would anyone be impressed? That's how it looks once you kick ASS with the controls, not once you get good with it.

It's like showing a Tony Hawk 1000000+ score video and then say "This is what happens once you learn the moves".

Now, having said all that...the video is AMAZING! I never knew you could do that good and that smooth in the game. Lots of places to grind and jump off of I never thought of doing.

It's really not that hard. That's about how my "Jet" run went and I'm a newbie when it comes to this franchise.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#10pirajacintoPosted 9/17/2012 8:41:37 PM
^You probably play ALOT better than me then...I actually lost that stage once, and then barely passed the 2nd time. I had a lot of issue gaining cans as I had no idea where to get them, and plus I was trying to figure out how to grind on some things and I still have issues with them.
---
It was great seeing Aerith run around Times Square and Pedigree opponents in the train station. - Strife2
If love can hurt, then surely hate can save. - Altena