That's it, do not buy this. Waste of money. Unless you have played the original.

#1Mech_BattalionPosted 9/17/2012 3:10:48 PM
The only reason I can see people like it is the music. The rest of the game play blows.

Controls are the worst I have ever seen, the tutorial is nothing but a challenge mode where it makes you figure out on your own how to do tricks. Yes a tutorial that teaches you nothing and is the most frustrating pointless part of the game.
#2RaikuroPosted 9/17/2012 3:14:45 PM
This is the original... if people in 2000 could figure it out, surely you could.
#3Mech_Battalion(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2012 3:16:08 PM
Original as in NON HD version waaay back on the DC where a lot of fans started...
#4Beatperson14Posted 9/17/2012 3:28:49 PM
lol so mad

You should see the thread where we point out you probably just suck at this

Cause ya do
---
MODS=FAQS
#5TigercmlPosted 9/17/2012 4:05:11 PM
So you say the game sucks because you suck at the game and can't figure out how to play. Children these days. Don't you have a fps to go play or something.
#6xsniper90xPosted 9/17/2012 4:16:39 PM
people of today are idiots. and thats a fact.

back in my days, you didnt need a tutorial to teach you anything.

im not that old and i know how to pick up and play a game without needing someone to hold my hand.
---
psn: hitman555z
i just grew a third peg leg, dood! - prinny
#7MelficeSeph2Posted 9/17/2012 7:44:21 PM
xsniper90x posted...
people of today are idiots. and thats a fact.

back in my days, you didnt need a tutorial to teach you anything.

im not that old and i know how to pick up and play a game without needing someone to hold my hand.

THIS. All of it.
---
Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride, you're in good hands.- Gene Starwind
#8pirajacintoPosted 9/17/2012 8:01:45 PM
Actually, TC, if you do hang out here I wouldn't be surprised you came to that. SO much people here talk in topics that gives just a little bit of complaint and is told their an idoit. Everyone here would say that if you didn't play this game when you were younger, then you don't have any business playing this game.

Fact is...that's pretty much the case. It'll be hard for anyone nowadays to get into this. Games have changed now, so the only people that can like this game are people who played the game in the past and LIKED it. If when you were younger and you didn't like this game, your not changing your opinion.
---
It was great seeing Aerith run around Times Square and Pedigree opponents in the train station. - Strife2
If love can hurt, then surely hate can save. - Altena
#9IlluminoiusPosted 9/18/2012 4:30:12 AM
i love when people use the "in my days games were terrible so you should be grateful" argument as if your bad experience has some authority over ours
#10someflagPosted 9/18/2012 4:47:27 AM(edited)
How is it "terrible" for a game to have a learning curve and require skill?

That's called gameplay, not being "terrible"

Some people seem to want instant satisfaction, they want to be able to string endless combos and nail every wall ride and grind without practicing.

My favorite thing about Jet Grind Radio when I first played it was the learning curve. I'd go to the first level, and it would seem utterly impossible. I'd wonder how the hell I was supposed to beat it. Then, after many tries, when my skills had improved enough and I figured out the layout, I was able to beat the level. After that I could go back and beat that level any time easily, but then the next level came, and again it seemed impossible, with the process repeating again.

The game has a perfect learning curve.

Unfortunately, it seems that some of you get to a level they can't beat right away, and instead of trying to beat it, decide that it's the game's fault they can't beat the level on the first try, and therefore it must suck.