Pull off 30 tricks... wat.

#1cdaroPosted 9/19/2012 11:21:22 PM
It expects me to do this in the TUTORIAL? Come on, I was barely able to pull off 20!

Seriously, I loved JSRF and decided to download the demo to this one. But so far, I'm not digging it. It feels way to slow, and everything just feels... off. I wasn't going in expecting Future, but this isn't that great so far.

And can some explain the freakin' boost to me? It feels more like an accelerator, than something you tap to gain a boost. I'm constantly holding down R2, because I feel like I'm skating in sand if I'm not. And it doesn't seem like it affects anything while on a rail.

Speaking of rails, what affects when your character decides to do a trick when jumping off? Do you have to be going a certain speed, or is it completely random, like it seems to be?
---
http://i.imgur.com/29s3y.jpg
"I can kill anything, even if that thing is God."
#2cdaro(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 11:42:27 PM
Oh, ok. You go to new game before it gives you an easier tutorial, that doesn't even tell you how to do anything. That makes sense.

And on top of that, I end up getting a Jet ranking on my first try. What the heck is with the tutorial to this game then!? Do they honestly expect people to be able to do that on their first time playing?
---
http://i.imgur.com/29s3y.jpg
"I can kill anything, even if that thing is God."
#3tjmr15Posted 9/20/2012 5:49:04 AM
You have to calm down and realize this isn't a game made in 2012
---
PSN : XxGodHandxX
* shield skillz > just like cap >*herp derp * mighty swing * herp derp* mighty swing - your in for a word of derpp *
#4BlueAnnihilatorPosted 9/20/2012 5:58:38 AM
That's not even the worst of it, honey. After that you have to do 50.
---
I agree with you, Blue. - FinalRockerdude, Vgmasta, ZeldaFan42, ObservanTeMK, Magoo111, E121Phi, re4master543, PJiddy, bloodmage3 (cont. in quote)
#5TastyEntrailsPosted 9/20/2012 8:52:22 AM
Yeah it's kind of misleading. Not really a tutorial per say but rather a Challenge area. The real tutorial is when you start a new game.
---
I'm the butt of a cosmic joke, but i don't get the punchline.
#62Strong__2BlackPosted 9/20/2012 11:09:07 AM
This is an old game full of typos and Engrish like where it says to pull the left stick forwards then backwards to do a turn around when really what you have to do is push the left stick backwards then forwards quickly. Also in the tutorial it's possible to loop around the grind rails infinitely, once you learn how to using the wall jumps it's really easy.
---
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful ~ f00had
http://i45.tinypic.com/nff49.jpg
#7BlueAnnihilatorPosted 9/20/2012 11:11:33 AM
Aside from doing the consecutive tricks, the tutorial is pretty simple and straightforward. But I can definitely see why there's a trophy for completing it now. I had to watch a vid of someone else doing it on YT just to grasp what steps to take.
---
I agree with you, Blue. - FinalRockerdude, Vgmasta, ZeldaFan42, ObservanTeMK, Magoo111, E121Phi, re4master543, PJiddy, bloodmage3 (cont. in quote)
#8zuliuzPosted 9/20/2012 3:31:24 PM
It can be very daunting, one moment im raging at the fact i can't do a 30 combo for the longest time 30 minutes after i got it i pulled off a 157 in the tutorial. Its just a matter of methodical rythem....and youtube vid.
#9Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 9/20/2012 3:39:48 PM
Well, don't bother practicing or taking time to learn how to play the game.

I too am astounded you haven't mastered the game by the end of the tutorial.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#10ShamblerQPosted 9/21/2012 8:39:52 AM
Too bad we didn't have YouTube back in 2000 for this, or gamefaqs for the barrel in sonic 3..

Us gamers had to figure out everything on our own.