How does it control?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Jet Set Radio
  3. How does it control?
3 years ago#1
I've been waiting for this re-release forever, but now I'm torn where to get it. I ideally want to get the PC version, but I have no idea how well it actually controls on PC. Anyone got the lowdown on it, both the config and how well it actually works?
---
"For the record the N-Gage had the best control setup than any other handheld ever." - ceder
Brawl FC - 3566-1363-7324 'KrptK'
3 years ago#2
much better then expected.
---
PSN - BaronVonSolace 3DS - Quin - 1977-0491-7773
3 years ago#3
BaronSolace posted...
much better then expected.

That answer how well it controls at least...but HOW does it actually control? As in, what does what.
---
"For the record the N-Gage had the best control setup than any other handheld ever." - ceder
3 years ago#4
Uses keyboard. You can go with gamepad, but atleast with me doesnt work very well.

By default, WASD are for move, space jump, E dashes, and Q for spray/fix camera. You can also use the mouse for jump and dash while moving the camera.
---
GT 360: Necrophia (Message me first.Just add me for fighting games)
3 years ago#5
Mmmm....and the spray commands? They're with the movement keys still? And does it still work well without a stick?
---
3 years ago#6
The graffiti spraying w/ keyboard does NOT go all that great, sadly.
It is possible with some memory and timing, just like using a gamepad, but it's still just not as good.

The way it works is that there's an arrow going straight up, you basically just press W.
One going at a curve top to bottom, its S, D W.
But there's one going in a loop, you start with W, go to A, S, D and then W again. And quickly too, or else it doesn't register at all/counts as a screw up.

I'd recommend finding some kind of gamepad. xbox controllers work great i hear, or stea-.. borrowing a friends
3 years ago#7
supadupafrog posted...
The graffiti spraying w/ keyboard does NOT go all that great, sadly.
It is possible with some memory and timing, just like using a gamepad, but it's still just not as good.

The way it works is that there's an arrow going straight up, you basically just press W.
One going at a curve top to bottom, its S, D W.
But there's one going in a loop, you start with W, go to A, S, D and then W again. And quickly too, or else it doesn't register at all/counts as a screw up.

I'd recommend finding some kind of gamepad. xbox controllers work great i hear, or stea-.. borrowing a friends

Bleh. That's one of my favorite parts of the game too. Might have to get it on PS3 then.
---
3 years ago#8
you can use a ps3 controller on pc
3 years ago#9
Controls the same as the Dreamcast version if you have a 360 pad. Unfortunately you can't configure the pad controls so results will vary with other pads.
Keyboard controls are adequate; spraying is easy enough, but the arrow keys only allow 8-way directional control so are a bit awkward to use for movement.
3 years ago#10
This is not a FPS. This is definitely a title you're going to want to play with a controller, like it was meant to be played. Do yourself a solid, and get an official wired Xbox360 controller.
The game recognizes it instantly and the controls translate extremely well from the original Dreamcast controller.
I beat the original one like 7 times back in the day. Playing this now in HD brings back so many good times.
  1. Boards
  2. Jet Set Radio
  3. How does it control?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived