How does it control?

#1KryptikPosted 9/19/2012 12:28:52 PM
I've been waiting for this re-release forever, but now I'm torn where to get it. I ideally want to get the PC version, but I have no idea how well it actually controls on PC. Anyone got the lowdown on it, both the config and how well it actually works?
---
"For the record the N-Gage had the best control setup than any other handheld ever." - ceder
Brawl FC - 3566-1363-7324 'KrptK'
#2BaronSolacePosted 9/19/2012 12:44:46 PM
much better then expected.
---
PSN - BaronVonSolace 3DS - Quin - 1977-0491-7773
#3Kryptik(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 1:00:21 PM
BaronSolace posted...
much better then expected.

That answer how well it controls at least...but HOW does it actually control? As in, what does what.
---
"For the record the N-Gage had the best control setup than any other handheld ever." - ceder
#4KONRADffoPosted 9/19/2012 1:29:08 PM
Uses keyboard. You can go with gamepad, but atleast with me doesnt work very well.

By default, WASD are for move, space jump, E dashes, and Q for spray/fix camera. You can also use the mouse for jump and dash while moving the camera.
---
GT 360: Necrophia (Message me first.Just add me for fighting games)
#5Kryptik(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 2:09:57 PM
Mmmm....and the spray commands? They're with the movement keys still? And does it still work well without a stick?
---
#6supadupafrogPosted 9/19/2012 7:56:03 PM
The graffiti spraying w/ keyboard does NOT go all that great, sadly.
It is possible with some memory and timing, just like using a gamepad, but it's still just not as good.

The way it works is that there's an arrow going straight up, you basically just press W.
One going at a curve top to bottom, its S, D W.
But there's one going in a loop, you start with W, go to A, S, D and then W again. And quickly too, or else it doesn't register at all/counts as a screw up.

I'd recommend finding some kind of gamepad. xbox controllers work great i hear, or stea-.. borrowing a friends
#7Kryptik(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 8:24:15 PM
supadupafrog posted...
The graffiti spraying w/ keyboard does NOT go all that great, sadly.
It is possible with some memory and timing, just like using a gamepad, but it's still just not as good.

The way it works is that there's an arrow going straight up, you basically just press W.
One going at a curve top to bottom, its S, D W.
But there's one going in a loop, you start with W, go to A, S, D and then W again. And quickly too, or else it doesn't register at all/counts as a screw up.

I'd recommend finding some kind of gamepad. xbox controllers work great i hear, or stea-.. borrowing a friends

Bleh. That's one of my favorite parts of the game too. Might have to get it on PS3 then.
---
#8para_medicPosted 9/19/2012 10:10:03 PM
you can use a ps3 controller on pc
#9hogofddyn_Posted 9/20/2012 1:07:37 AM
Controls the same as the Dreamcast version if you have a 360 pad. Unfortunately you can't configure the pad controls so results will vary with other pads.
Keyboard controls are adequate; spraying is easy enough, but the arrow keys only allow 8-way directional control so are a bit awkward to use for movement.
#10TimeToSmoke420Posted 9/25/2012 11:49:31 PM
This is not a FPS. This is definitely a title you're going to want to play with a controller, like it was meant to be played. Do yourself a solid, and get an official wired Xbox360 controller.
The game recognizes it instantly and the controls translate extremely well from the original Dreamcast controller.
I beat the original one like 7 times back in the day. Playing this now in HD brings back so many good times.