Runs slow

• Topic Archived
3 years ago#11
"A lot of people with the PC port of Dark Souls are reporting the same exact problem I and a few others are having - framerate gets locked at 10-15FPS, no matter the hardware, resolution, graphics enhancements, or anything else that typically affects FPS. This is a typical console port bug, but I have no idea how to fix it (upon dozens of driver updates/rollbacks, installs, uninstalls, reboots, core limiting, windowed/fullscreen, and everything else I've ever seen suggested for a similar problem)."

WRONG. Dark Souls only locks at 15fps if it recognizes your hardware can't maintain 30fps. I can run the game at a solid 30fps, and with DSFix which nearly doubles the resolution for me, it's far superior to the console versions.
3 years ago#12
mettlegear posted...
"A lot of people with the PC port of Dark Souls are reporting the same exact problem I and a few others are having - framerate gets locked at 10-15FPS, no matter the hardware, resolution, graphics enhancements, or anything else that typically affects FPS. This is a typical console port bug, but I have no idea how to fix it (upon dozens of driver updates/rollbacks, installs, uninstalls, reboots, core limiting, windowed/fullscreen, and everything else I've ever seen suggested for a similar problem)."

WRONG. Dark Souls only locks at 15fps if it recognizes your hardware can't maintain 30fps. I can run the game at a solid 30fps, and with DSFix which nearly doubles the resolution for me, it's far superior to the console versions.

Great, any idea how to fix the problem for this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived