Runs slow

#11mettlegearPosted 10/10/2012 6:33:41 PM
"A lot of people with the PC port of Dark Souls are reporting the same exact problem I and a few others are having - framerate gets locked at 10-15FPS, no matter the hardware, resolution, graphics enhancements, or anything else that typically affects FPS. This is a typical console port bug, but I have no idea how to fix it (upon dozens of driver updates/rollbacks, installs, uninstalls, reboots, core limiting, windowed/fullscreen, and everything else I've ever seen suggested for a similar problem)."

WRONG. Dark Souls only locks at 15fps if it recognizes your hardware can't maintain 30fps. I can run the game at a solid 30fps, and with DSFix which nearly doubles the resolution for me, it's far superior to the console versions.
#12A7thStevePosted 10/24/2012 9:37:49 AM
mettlegear posted...
"A lot of people with the PC port of Dark Souls are reporting the same exact problem I and a few others are having - framerate gets locked at 10-15FPS, no matter the hardware, resolution, graphics enhancements, or anything else that typically affects FPS. This is a typical console port bug, but I have no idea how to fix it (upon dozens of driver updates/rollbacks, installs, uninstalls, reboots, core limiting, windowed/fullscreen, and everything else I've ever seen suggested for a similar problem)."

WRONG. Dark Souls only locks at 15fps if it recognizes your hardware can't maintain 30fps. I can run the game at a solid 30fps, and with DSFix which nearly doubles the resolution for me, it's far superior to the console versions.

Great, any idea how to fix the problem for this game?