can't zoom on PC training

#1sjankis630Posted 10/23/2012 7:06:42 PM
Hello,
I have played many fps but I seem to be stuck on the training when the game asks me to look through the scope and shoot. The right mouse key is bound for zoom but all that does is use the iron sights and not the scope.
Am I missing something?
Thanks.
#2Sir_Burpalot21Posted 10/23/2012 7:11:03 PM
There is a function bound to another key that allows you to switch between sights while you are aiming. Really handy.

I personally moved the binding to "mouse wheel down" and removed the weapon switching since I just use '1' and '2' for that anyways.
---
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN
#3sjankis630(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2012 8:57:07 PM
umm thanks but could you be a little more specific? I have somehow managed to bind the mouse down button to the zoom key, but all it does now is go into site down the iron when I mouse down, I still have no zoom and the training won't allow me to continue.
As a matter of fact I will have to start this "mission" over because I am out of bullets and the dude won't give me anymore until i finish this part.
Thanks.
So the situation is:
zoom - bound to mouse down
but mouse down is the only way to get to alt fire at this point.
IN the past I have always just right clicked and the gun automatically goes into scope mode and then I could zoom from there but not now.
#4omega2010Posted 10/23/2012 11:09:32 PM
Right mouse to ADS then push the mouse wheel to switch to the scope.
#5megamanzero1000Posted 10/24/2012 12:42:13 PM
I'm having the same problem except the zoom and regular ADS keeps switching back and forth without me doing anything. I can't even find the key for the further zoom, which is one is it, how is it called in the menu?
---
"I'll see you guys at dinner"
#6sjankis630(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2012 7:54:48 PM
I have the following:
Key bindings
Fire - LMB
Zoom - RMB
When I am at the target range i select rmb and the rifle aims down the sight. Then I push the middle mouse button and ... nothing happens. I have tried 3 different mice and nothing. it will not zoom. Is there another key that I have to select to get zoom?
sorry but stuck. Have never had this problem ever with a fps.
#7Sir_Burpalot21Posted 10/24/2012 10:24:01 PM(edited)
Just go into your control bindings and look for the command to 'Toggle Optics'

There is also the possibility that the game simply isn't responding to your extra mouse buttons. It's a bug I've experienced in both BF3 and this game on rare occasions.
Closing the game and restarting will fix it.
---
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN
#8sjankis630(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2012 8:12:22 PM
Thanks a lot. I finally got it to work somewhat and finish training.
Toggle optics on the mouse = set to middle mouse button and that helped.
It still goes to down site and then scope but that is good enough to get going on the game. I can play this weekend.