how NOT to sprint (run normally)

#1MarbskiEPosted 11/30/2012 8:36:54 AM
i know a lot of people prefer constant sprinting, but for me, i find it annoying when i try to escape guards and want to make a sharp turn but end up climbing up the wall ahead because of the constant sprinting. not only that, i end up provoking guards because of it (though chain-killing a lot of them is fun, but doing them all the time is repetitive)

is there a way to run 'normally' in this game just like in the previous AC games wherein you need to hold down the RMB along with the spacebar key in order to sprint? i kinda got used to the 'braking' mechanism (releasing the spacebar key when i need to slow down).
#2CommonJoePosted 11/30/2012 11:58:39 AM
I'm not quite sure if there is, but I do know that you can get the same breaking affect by quickly releasing and re-pressing RMB.

Also, chain-killing only happens if you press LMB (Attack) after killing one guard. RMB has nothing to do with it.
---
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2. Lets revitalize this game eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUge6ghaIo&hd=1
#3Kokuei05Posted 11/30/2012 12:19:57 PM
You can't. They really simplified the controls for this game and gave you less control over your character. Why? They needed new "animus" improvements. I personally dislike the new setup too. The new combat is great but it could have been done with the old control scheme.

I liked being able to grab and throw whenever I wanted. I liked being able to pickpocket and run away compared to standing next to their ass then slipping my gentle hand into their pockets while they're none the wiser. You can't tackle anymore AFAIK, because you need to be jogging to do it and there isn't jogging anymore. You can't attack whenever you want, you must target an enemy; which is stupid and possibly to avoid children being killed.
---
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJNR2EpS0jw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K3BHHabsc0
#4ZeokensPosted 11/30/2012 3:14:05 PM
Only way to do it, I believe, is with a controller. I use the 360 controller with this game and if I hold the right trigger just part way, Connor runs normally.
---
To flee is life delaying death
PSN: QuasiJuice21
#5chimpe2121Posted 12/2/2012 11:56:21 AM
Zeokens posted...
Only way to do it, I believe, is with a controller. I use the 360 controller with this game and if I hold the right trigger just part way, Connor runs normally.

Yeah Ass creed has never held up on PC compared to console. Controls just don't work as fluidly.
---
RIP Companion Cube - Best of Friends Forever