Best way to get doughnuts without paying?

#1Brady672_AT_fanPosted 11/10/2012 8:42:51 AM
I can't believe they would have all those things in the store that you can only get if you pay real money, so there has to be a somewhat reliable way to get them ingame (At least I hope).

And on another note, I have tried buying the doughnuts, but everytime I try I get the message "Aye carumba! An error occurred wit your purchase." So I can't even buy them.
---
"Oh dood! Master Etna is gonna kill us!!"
3DS FC: 1375-7273-8593
#2beam1249Posted 11/10/2012 10:12:02 AM(edited)
There isn't really a reliable way to get them in game. You can get about 60 through the game with level ups and cleaning up trash. Plus more with bonus stuff (like 10 from the aztec guy during halloween, 10 from the statue trick, and if they happen to give out free donuts.)

Edit: Also forgot, since the mystery boxes are back in the daily rewards you have a small chance to get donuts through those too. By small, I mean like a 2% chance though, if that.
#3ghostwalk22Posted 11/10/2012 7:04:55 PM
You can get 150 donuts through the homer buddha but its rare. u can also get 30 and 60 from it too
#4BangoSkankPosted 11/12/2012 10:06:36 AM
Brady672_AT_fan posted...
I can't believe they would have all those things in the store that you can only get if you pay real money

Why on Earth not?
---
GT: Savage Opopanax
PSN ID: Savage_Opopanax
#5julzrulz145Posted 11/15/2012 1:38:41 PM
I'm looking for a possible way too, OP.
#6AlrightmateyPosted 11/16/2012 10:49:35 AM
Jail breaking, lol. No, I'm serious. I am never buying donuts again after my game went back to level 1. All my data was lost even my legally purchased donuts.
#7AWarAmp84Posted 11/30/2012 1:55:57 PM
Yeah I'm never paying real money for doughnuts. I mean what do you really get for having a wider variety of buildings? Nothing. Games like this make most of their money from new players who actually find it fresh and fun. Eventually everything ends up taking forever to do and you'll be doing these things over and over and over again. This game is designed to ensure the player always uses their in game money faster than they can earn it. And the fact that most of the cooler buildings take like 50-100 doughnuts to get, it's pretty obvious what the developers are after.
---
This message was typed using an Iphone. Spelling errors happen often, get over it. Currently playing XCOM:Enemy Unknown, Halo 4 and L4D 2.
#8karellan1978Posted 11/30/2012 2:03:55 PM
I paid just enough money to get the bee man, and it was TOTALLY worth it. I laugh every time he says "El woodpeckero loco me attacke!" If I had paid more than those couple bucks though, I'd feel ripped off.
#9agenttanPosted 12/3/2012 2:10:02 AM
Yeah I'm never paying real money for doughnuts. I mean what do you really get for having a wider variety of buildings? Nothing. Games like this make most of their money from new players who actually find it fresh and fun. Eventually everything ends up taking forever to do and you'll be doing these things over and over and over again. This game is designed to ensure the player always uses their in game money faster than they can earn it. And the fact that most of the cooler buildings take like 50-100 doughnuts to get, it's pretty obvious what the developers are after.

yeah and unfortunately all these in app purchases games are very lucrative.. i would argue these would generate more revenue than their "core" games if they get the game right. in this case they are hitting a home run..
---
Genius has limitations, but stupidity is boundless.
Proud 20,000,000th Topic Creator
#10CountPopeulaPosted 12/3/2012 4:06:18 AM
It sort of reminds me of Smurfs' Village, that game also had no real way of getting premium currency without buying it, and had a lot of premium characters.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire