3D compatibility?

#1SuperiorHominidPosted 9/13/2012 10:29:04 PM
I recently bought a 3DTV, and I would love to play this game in 3D. I preordered the Wii U version from Amazon (and a Wii U from Gamestop).

Does anyone know if Ubisoft ever clarified if the Wii U version will retain the 3D functionality of the 360/PS3 version?
#2zaakroPosted 9/15/2012 10:44:31 PM
I hope they do, I just bought a 3D TV as well.
#3Savra104Posted 9/17/2012 2:06:04 PM
"If you are going to connect Wii U with a home TV capable of displaying 3-D images, technologically, yes, it is going to be possible, but that's not the area we are focusing on.

When it comes to 3-D, we already have the 3DS, and each owner of the Nintendo 3DS is capable of viewing 3-D images. However, when it comes to the home console, it depends upon the availability of 3-D TV sets at home, which, unfortunately, is not expanding enough. And rather than pouring a lot of energy into that kind of area, with the Wii U we'd like to focus more on each Wii U owner being able to have an equal opportunity to enjoy it."

- http://www.giantbomb.com/news/nintendo-begrudgingly-acknowledges-wii-u-3d-support/3459/

It will be 3D capable, but they are not enforcing or supporting 3D for WiiU.
#4JackalfoxPosted 9/18/2012 8:45:28 PM
Savra104 posted...
"If you are going to connect Wii U with a home TV capable of displaying 3-D images, technologically, yes, it is going to be possible, but that's not the area we are focusing on.

When it comes to 3-D, we already have the 3DS, and each owner of the Nintendo 3DS is capable of viewing 3-D images. However, when it comes to the home console, it depends upon the availability of 3-D TV sets at home, which, unfortunately, is not expanding enough. And rather than pouring a lot of energy into that kind of area, with the Wii U we'd like to focus more on each Wii U owner being able to have an equal opportunity to enjoy it."

- http://www.giantbomb.com/news/nintendo-begrudgingly-acknowledges-wii-u-3d-support/3459/

It will be 3D capable, but they are not enforcing or supporting 3D for WiiU.

Didn't stop the 360 and PS3 from having 3D games. :P I'd say it just depends on if the developer wants to include 3D or not, and if they're willing to put more effort into getting it up and running.
---
Now Playing - Black Mesa (PC), Call of Duty: Black Ops (360)
#5SuperiorHominid(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 5:37:03 PM
the feature will be in the 360 and PS3 version, I just hope they don't take it out from this version. It is weird to look at non-3D screens with passive 3D glasses though, so looking at the gamepad screen will be slightly odd (have you ever tried looking at your cell phone screen while watching a 3D movie, the screen looks extra shiny at the edges)
#6zaakroPosted 9/28/2012 11:47:17 AM
SuperiorHominid posted...
the feature will be in the 360 and PS3 version, I just hope they don't take it out from this version. It is weird to look at non-3D screens with passive 3D glasses though, so looking at the gamepad screen will be slightly odd (have you ever tried looking at your cell phone screen while watching a 3D movie, the screen looks extra shiny at the edges)

my screen on my phone looks rainbowy. I have active 3d though and not passive.