Any news about the gamepad features?

#1LakanLodePosted 11/2/2012 1:54:21 AM
So far only map and weapon wheels are confirmed right?

What about putting mini-games and the historical footnotes onto the gamepad?

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/10/30/assassins-creed-3-review-an-alternate-history-with-footnotes/ blatantly says "Itís most fun to play ďAssassinís Creed 3Ē with a laptop or tablet nearby in order to easily research the backgrounds of figures such as Sir William Johnson when they make a cameo." Sounds like gamepad potential right there.

Also on a side-note, is there a way to turn off the mission prompts from flashing on-screen? Hell, if they flash anywhere, they could show up on the gamepad too!
#2collinmulPosted 11/2/2012 9:17:52 AM
Yeah, I'm wondering about this too. I want more features than just a mini-map and hotkey'd weapons.

NewEgg has the PC game available for pre-order for $38 (after promo code "EMCJJNH48" at checkout, shipping 11/23/12) - I know the PC version will be graphically superior because the WiiU's graphics are confirmed to be identical to Xbox360/PS3.

So I want more of a reason to keep my AC3 WiiU pre-order. More info on the WiiU-specific features would be much appreciated!
#3old_man_mossyPosted 11/3/2012 7:19:46 AM
a long while ago, and it could have since been debunked or dropped...but there was talk of an option to pull eagle eye mode down to the touch screen and survey the area that way, possibly by even moving the controller around your gaming room to pan the area.

Since on the Sony and MS versions, you do this by clicking the thumbstick and Im not sure the wii u offers clickable sticks I suppose its a possibility
---
"I seem to recognize your face, haunting familiar, but cant seem to place it. Can I find a candle of thought to light your name?"
#4LakanLode(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 11:08:31 PM
Oh heh, I just lack a good enough PC to run it. Good word on the deal though!

Thumbsticks do click. You can click both to go into BAT mode for the Wii U's Arkham Asylum.
#5MetalGusREbirthPosted 11/12/2012 10:37:18 AM
I guess we won't know much more until the game is reviewd. Which should be this week fortunately.