Guys; you DO know you can fix the washed out colors, right?

#1Vale_GorgothPosted 11/27/2012 7:26:52 PM
First of all, the graphics are literally AMAZING if your TV supports this fix which many do. (That and as always, a good calibration) I know this because for me the game looked horrible, then I employed a TV setting and BAM in two seconds everything looked amazing. I mean I have all 3 consoles (not THIS game), a very good home theater setup and to me not much looks better than this.Even many of the critic videos do not employ this simple fix although it is known of.

Im sure this has been discussed a bunch on here but from what I read many have doubts and just live with the colors. In EITHER situation I can help. And walk you through it.

It is caused by the wii's inability to display the full RGB range, and it does not look nice.The thing is unless you have a PC monitor you should be able to change how the TV responds to the color space. If the TV knows it is receiving a limited color space it will calibrate the screen to that setting. In the TV menu, NOT where the PQ settings are but somewhere in a menu most people don't even look at, you have options for how the TV responds to different signals via HDMI. On my XBR5, in the TV's XMB it is under the heading Video.Yours may call it something else but there you should find An option for color space. Just change it to limited, or low, or whatever the set deems it but it should be fairly obvious.

If you do not have this setting it means that your tv is older and runs on limited by default and in theory you shouldn't even have the issue but in practice I can't make any promises there. Or in the case of a PC monitor which can only accept full and there you're screwed.But even if you don't think you have this setting look for it because I had to scour and believe me it was worth it.

If you do not have this setting look for you TVs advanced menu for PQ. There many TVs will have a setting which otherwise always leads to crushed blacks but in this caseshould help a great deal.On Sony sets it is called black corrector but it will be something to that effect. On my tv this works wonders when blacks are just plain gray.

LAST AND UNDESIRED RESORT is to turn up your tvs advanced contrast enhancement also under advanced settings. The advanced contrast literally forces blacks down and whites up; if you use this sering turn the regular PQ setting for both contrast and brightness way down to compensate. It will reduce PQa bit and I'm not sure just how much it would help or hinder, but a thought.

If you have none of these things then I'm fairly certain you have a tv made by one of those random companies you can't even pronounce at the bottom shelf of Walmart or your tv is just old and technology is unfortunately replacing it.

One final peice of advice for those of you who are still getting the corners of the screen cutoff on the system menu. This is called overscan and it is degrading the PQ of EVERYTHING on your set but is EASILY disabled by finding screen settings which promote 1:1 pixel mapping and if your TV cannot do that by now....well I've never seen one that doesn't you just have to look like hell because it could be called many names.Sony calls it Full Pixel, and Samsung calls it Just Scan. The reason why you don't have to do this on yor ps3 or 360 is because the devs do not put anything on the outside of the screen; they know users won't know to change it. But this is one setting everyone should change on ALL HD inputs as there is no reason for your screen to cut off pixels and I promise you can notice the difference on every consoleif you take the time.

Good luck guys.This was long winded because I felt it needed to be a this games visuals truly impressed me and i was surprised to read so many people having to live with issues they can probably fix altogether our at the very least improve, withjust a bit of effort.
#2InfamouslyNycePosted 11/28/2012 4:46:46 PM
Well, mine has a picture menu and under the screen settings there is a profile that can be changed; cool, normal, and warm. Cool being closer to blue, warm closer to red. I found this out last gen when I bought my 360.

My problem is the fact that colors look washed out on the gamepad as opposed to my tv. The color on my tv is flawless (less my personal settings), so I don't know how to get the color to look right on the gamepad, which has no settings...

Has this game been patched yet?
---
Nintendo Network ID: Inf4mous
#3Vale_Gorgoth(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 9:36:07 PM
InfamouslyNyce posted...
Well, mine has a picture menu and under the screen settings there is a profile that can be changed; cool, normal, and warm. Cool being closer to blue, warm closer to red. I found this out last gen when I bought my 360.

My problem is the fact that colors look washed out on the gamepad as opposed to my tv. The color on my tv is flawless (less my personal settings), so I don't know how to get the color to look right on the gamepad, which has no settings...

Has this game been patched yet?

No listen this has NOTHING to do with picture TEMPERATURE, all that does is decide how the tv produces the colors the colors it is recieving. You are concerned with how many colors it IS recieving. I said it wouldnt be under PQ settings, it will be under system settings. Your tv has a whole bunch of stuff there youve probably never looked at im sure of it. Clearly you didnt actually look for what I said, just repeated something you heard a long time ago
It is going to take a long time for a patch! Whereas if you follow my instructions you will completely forget to wait for one. Up to you. If you need more help send me a pm I'm very good with calibration,
#4Vale_Gorgoth(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 9:39:59 PM
TAKE THAT BACK, sorry i did not realize you said the problem is with your gamepad and not your tv. Nevermind then....but if thats tge case you should really try to exchange your system because that isnt normal. The gamepad looks great in this game

...however the gamepad still shouldnt look better than your tv like many post
#5Jack_WraithPosted 12/2/2012 8:22:41 PM
I just want to thank you for this little write up. I tweaked all of the stuff that you said and now my Wii U graphics definitely look better than my 360 and PS3. I've got an Alienware PC that is a few years old and Arkham City looks better on Wii U. (Granted, I only paid like 8 bucks for the PC version because it was on sale on Steam, but whatever.)

I'm requesting this be stickied.