This game is a flop and its not even released yet

#1billman1000Posted 2/19/2013 6:26:57 PM
Im a huge sim city fan, been playing it as long as I can remember....sad to see this game is getting no love.
#2Freelance_WolfPosted 2/19/2013 7:13:12 PM
Nooooo I'm giving it love!!! The beta was awesome!!!
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#3dAt_dUdE_253Posted 2/19/2013 8:09:34 PM
I'm not the biggest SimCity guy but I remember playing it as a child in the 90's on SNES, loved it then. Played it again on emulators several times through out the years... Played the Beta of SimCity 2013, and honestly... I am even more excited for the release date. I enjoyed it a lot! But I understand because I notice most of the love is in SimCity 4, which I never got to experience, so yeah... moot post. lol
---
ok then seing as that i might not b able to make it in the big race y i dont me n the last person to sign up have a race round the nurnburg ring!!!!
#4Freelance_WolfPosted 2/19/2013 8:15:44 PM
Actually, most people are more fond of SC2K than SC4. SC4 actually gets a lot of hate too for being too 'micro-managey' and it's pretty hard to make a profit early game. Literally everything requires a fee to maintain, even parks.

I used to hate SC4 myself, until I learned how to play it effectively. It's now my favourite SimCity game, although SimCity may now give it a run for its money. I'll have to play it any find out for myself!
---
#5KythlynPosted 2/19/2013 9:02:43 PM
billman1000 posted...
Im a huge sim city fan, been playing it as long as I can remember....sad to see this game is getting no love.

You must not be looking in the right places. This game is getting plenty of love! There's just a lot of people complaining about some of the missing features from SimCity 4, and those topics are flooding most of the SimCity communities. Still, I've noticed a steady increase in hype since the first Closed Beta, and if you watch the #SimCity hashtag on Twitter, you might see more excitement than you'd expect.
---
http://gamerhorizon.com/
#6KopiokPosted 2/19/2013 9:53:30 PM
The negative crowd is always the loudest because they have the most to talk about, and everyone loves proving a point. I've seen the initial fervor subside (the "I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ISN'T EXACTLY LIKE <previous game in the series> WITH BETTER GRAPHICS" crowd that every popular game reboot/sequel ever gets) and it seems to have evolved into a more reserved wait-and-see, with some excited people. The people who actually found whatever lack of feature was a dealbreaker for them and definitely won't be purchasing seemed to have moved on.
---
"Mud Turkey 13 is totally awesome!" - Your Mom
#7rikvanoostendePosted 2/20/2013 4:25:36 AM(edited)
I played every SC since the first back when I was 9. I just pretend this game is not part of the series. I played the beta and am convinced this will be the most fun city simulation game of the last ten years. It is just not the best SimCity of all time.

Also see my sig.
---
'The last game was a lot better. This one is just a dumbed down spinoff, unworthy of its title, made for casual gamers.'
- Any 'hardcore' gamer on every sequel
#8jaijasty2Posted 2/20/2013 4:58:58 AM
Freelance_Wolf posted...
Actually, most people are more fond of SC2K than SC4. SC4 actually gets a lot of hate too for being too 'micro-managey' and it's pretty hard to make a profit early game. Literally everything requires a fee to maintain, even parks.

I used to hate SC4 myself, until I learned how to play it effectively. It's now my favourite SimCity game, although SimCity may now give it a run for its money. I'll have to play it any find out for myself!

Thats why SC5 is easier. People complained the cities got too realistic at that point and challenging, which I like.[Other than the ridicules commute time] Theres a point where games are to realistic for people. For me, I like the most realistic game possible.

A good example is Spore. It would have had lots of blood, violence, more realistic and challenging. Even sexual animals. But heck no, they lowered it from a 18+ game to a 10+ game. I would have liked to have the 18+ one.

Same for SimCity 5. They lowed the challenging and made it open to a much more wider array of people to sell the game to. EA most likely does it for the money. If you were to buy all the Sims 3 packs, it would be about 300 something dollars.
---
Youtube Channel at youtube.com/user/jaijasty Gamefaqs jaijasty2 ,Chatango: Jaijasty2,Facebook Jai Jasty,Youtube Jai Jasty See ya MATT
#9Freelance_WolfPosted 2/20/2013 5:12:11 AM
How much more realistic can you get with SC4 before it stops being fun? People have already complained that SC4 isn't fun. If someone took SC4 and added a ton more charts and maps, not many people would find that fun. I never liked SC4 myself until I learned I was given tips from pro players and learned (finally after so many years) to play it right.

If SC5 really was SC4 but beefed up, just how many people are going to buy it? Die hard fans most likely, but it won't attract anyone else. Just a few die hards won't get much profit.

Making something easier doesn't equate to being 'bad' or being any less fun. SimCity isn't as involving as SC4, but there are other features in the game that makes it fun to play. Love the graphical style, the ability to resources with other people, the curved roads (FINALLY), seeing changes update on the fly, etc. It makes the city itself much more vibrant (lively) than any of the past games (except for SCS which is good in its own way). I don't mind the small city sizes at all unlike most people. Smaller towns are more personal to me than giant lifeless cities.
---
#10clowningPosted 2/20/2013 7:00:14 AM
We have no idea how well the game will sell, but I suspect a lot of buyers will get bored very quickly.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle