sending workers to.industry city?

#1MorphicPosted 3/5/2013 8:46:08 AM
I was.considering starting a new.town.for just induatry.stuff.and making my first one just a.nice to live. Can you send workers to second town? How?
#2I Like ToastPosted 3/5/2013 8:51:13 AM
You just need your roads connected and it will happen automatically.
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
PlayStation 4 Officialy Announced
#3Bolt ThrowerPosted 3/5/2013 8:58:30 AM
OP, I don't.understand the.point.to all the extra.periods.you put into your.sentences.and I'm pretty certain.no one else.does.either.

But rock.on.anyway!
#4I Like ToastPosted 3/5/2013 9:01:30 AM
OP, I don't.understand the.point.to all the extra.periods.you put into your.sentences.and I'm pretty certain.no one else.does.either.

But rock.on.anyway!

most likely typing on a mobile phone, no need to be an ass about it.
---
#5Morphic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 9:55:49 AM
Yeah i was on mobile for the posting.

It doesn't seem to be working. Do they need to be next to each other? Do I need to remove all the industry in the first city? I think they are connected. They are both connected to the main roadway. Basically my new city just has some industry and a power plant and nobody to work them.
#6I Like ToastPosted 3/5/2013 9:59:21 AM
Do they need to be next to each other?

they need a road or train to connect them. Just because they're in the same region doesn't mean they will. They also need a "need" to, if your residents have enough jobs in their city I would imagine they favor staying there.
---
#7Bang StranoPosted 3/5/2013 11:23:34 AM
I'm having the worst luck with that ... my city is almost bankrut (3 times) and I want this to be factory only! WTF!!!! Anyone got the hang of this I got a neighboor city with 150K population and it's not going to the Factory City!
---
Video games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching magic pills and listening to techno
#8Harvest4Posted 3/5/2013 11:44:51 AM
To come to work in your factories (I assume they are not high tech factories.) your neighbor needs to have an excess of people and lack of jobs, and needs that population to be low income people. Wealthy people will not want to work in a low tech factory. I was playing last night as a huge coal and industrial town. My factories started getting abandoned till I realized that all my residential was for wealthy people who were working in the big commerce city next to me and didn't want to work in my factories. Eventually, I had to delete parks and lower the land value...and also someone started a crappy city a little ways over and their low income workers came to my city.
---
There is one kind of robber whom the law does not strike at, and who steals what is most precious to men: time.
-Napoleon
#9Bolt ThrowerPosted 3/6/2013 3:48:08 AM
I Like Toast posted...

But rock.on.anyway!

LOL, I wasn't being "an ass". I just thought it was funny. I was hoping it was intentional. GameFAQs needs more humor and people who do **** for the **** of it get a thumbs up from me and I was just playing along by pointing it out.

And "typing on a mobile"?!? I don't even know what the **** you're talking about, champ. You, me, and a million other people text all the time and don't throw out periods in the middle of our sentences. You got two left thumbs?
#10rikvanoostendePosted 3/6/2013 5:18:25 AM(edited)
Bolt Thrower posted...
I Like Toast posted...

But rock.on.anyway!

LOL, I wasn't being "an ass". I just thought it was funny. I was hoping it was intentional. GameFAQs needs more humor and people who do **** for the **** of it get a thumbs up from me and I was just playing along by pointing it out.

And "typing on a mobile"?!? I don't even know what the **** you're talking about, champ. You, me, and a million other people text all the time and don't throw out periods in the middle of our sentences. You got two left thumbs?

Humor on Gamefaqs? Nah, the most common usernames here start with Stadler or Waldorf.
---
'The last game was a lot better. This one is just a dumbed down spinoff, unworthy of its title, made for casual gamers.'
- Any 'hardcore' gamer on every sequel