lost about 2 hours of work...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity
  3. lost about 2 hours of work...
2 years ago#1
got a random error message saying my city wasn't synced properly and had to be rolled back to the last successfully processed state, finally logged back in and the last 2 hours of work was gone, wtf?? i know its release day but jesus******* christ
---
Xbox 360: thelanceman
PSN: lancielegend
2 years ago#2
Enjoying their wonderful DRM I see. This is why I will not buy this game.
---
i7 960 OC @ 3.8 GHz, EVGA GTX 670 FTW , 6GB DDR3, 1000 Watt PSU, 1TB HD, Asus 23.6'' @ 1920 x 1080, Win7 x64
2 years ago#3
yeah i instantly regret my decision to purchase it, i was trying to convince myself that nothing bad would happen, shame on me, boy do i feel stupid now
---
2 years ago#4
Bf3 does that but offers to have local data synced over the cloud data. I would hope this game would do it
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
2 years ago#5
Do people still expect perfection at launch?
2 years ago#6
lancielegend posted...
yeah i instantly regret my decision to purchase it, i was trying to convince myself that nothing bad would happen, shame on me, boy do i feel stupid now

It's amazing how many times I see this said in regards to EA. And yet people keep lining up to throw money at them.
2 years ago#7
Must be because that DRM is so effective and useful, glad to see people enjoying the game.
2 years ago#8
paying for the game doesn't bother me, its just i hate (like everyone else) that it doesn't work properly. i just had to rant, i'm sure it'll be fine in a few days.
---
2 years ago#9
naz18h posted...
Do people still expect perfection at launch?

they do. but i commend those that chose not to purchase specifically due to the DRM. i have little time to play games so server outages rarely affect me. i have played games long enough to know that sometimes your progress will corrupt or be lost for some reason. to this day i have never personally completed FFVII due to each time across 4 attempts, this game corrupted my saves upon the beginning of the 4th disc.

lost gameplay sucks. but it happens.
2 years ago#10
lancielegend posted...
paying for the game doesn't bother me, its just i hate (like everyone else) that it doesn't work properly. i just had to rant, i'm sure it'll be fine in a few days.

I thought the same thing about Battlefield 3...right up until EA shut their servers down and told the community the game would persist only on rented servers.
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity
  3. lost about 2 hours of work...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived