Is there anywhere to download a demo?

#1casedawgzPosted 3/5/2013 1:03:59 PM
My girlfriend wants to try it before dropping 60 bucks on it. She's also concerned about its performance.
#2Freelance_WolfPosted 3/5/2013 1:10:08 PM
There is no demo.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#3casedawgz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 1:11:04 PM
That's so goddamn stupid.
#4TanonPosted 3/5/2013 1:14:35 PM
casedawgz posted...
That's so goddamn stupid.

:(
---
GT- Renarka.
TaCoS - All the gas. None of the TexMex
#5jaijasty2Posted 3/5/2013 1:46:50 PM
Most simulation game can't have a demo. Its either too small and doesn't give much of the game, or it give nearly all of it away. Like NfS: MW (The first one) had too much story line to make a demo and could confuse the player and Spore just had a creature creator. Barely any simulation games come with demo. MS Flight Simulator doesn't have a demo either. Stop complaining or don't play simulation games in the first place
---
Youtube Channel at youtube.com/user/jaijasty Gamefaqs jaijasty2 ,Chatango: Jaijasty2,Facebook Jai Jasty,Youtube Jai Jasty See ya MATT
#6furbPosted 3/6/2013 1:01:38 PM
That's a classy remark. It just seems to me a little myopic. There's nothing wrong with folk's wanting to play a demo first. Especially in PC gaming where system specs can be so finicky. How about this? Say something nice or don't say anything at all?
---
You know how fads are. Today it's brains, tomorrow, pierced tongues. Then the next day, pierced brains.
-Jane Lane
#7ViltrisPosted 3/6/2013 4:31:17 PM
I mainly want a demo to see if my machine can handle the game before I drop $60 on it. Because this is one of those games which I'm interested enough to buy, but not interested enough to spend extra money getting hardware upgrades for.

Also, getting a better idea of how the gameplay works and how much has changed since previous installments would help.
---
\/
#8Lord_VaderPosted 3/6/2013 4:42:30 PM(edited)
SimCity 3000 had a demo jaijasty2, so you can stick it where the sun don't shine.

And I wouldn't buy the game before I try it if I were you. I played the beta and afterwards my decision not to purchase the game was set in stone. If you liked SimCity 4 then you probably won't like this one. No modding, no terraforming, really small cities, cities that aren't next to eachother anymore, no subways, pre-placed highways that you can't control, simplified taxes, no ordinances, and the always online DRM that is causing a host of issues during launch. Just look at the forum here and on other sites and you'll see that people are having problems getting the game to start up, random crashes because of server instability, and even not being able to download the game. I don't expect many of these problems to go away any time soon because the stability of the game depends on the stability of your Internet connection and EA server stability. The only thing this game has going for it is glassbox. However with all of the restrictions and the server instability because of the always online DRM this game is a severe downgrade from SimCity 4. I would highly advise against getting it (coming from someone who has played the beta twice and is still playing SimCity 4).
---
Live long and prosper.
#9unknown2226Posted 3/6/2013 6:51:20 PM(edited)
EA could give a demo of the complete game with like 5 or 10 uses. That way the user could experience the whole game but only have 5 (or whatever amount they decide) uses. Nintendo does this.
---
GTX 580 SLI - i5 2500k @ 4.6 - 8GB RAM - Crucial M4 256GB - HX1050 - ASRock Z3X3 - HAF 912 - BenQ XL2420TX
#10WhenZebrasgobadPosted 3/6/2013 6:53:18 PM
unknown2226 posted...
EA could give a demo of the complete game with like 5 or 10 uses. That way the user could experience the whole game but only have 5 (or whatever amount they decide) uses. Nintendo does this.

More likely for EA to release a demo but still charge like $20 for it.
---
orc