Just curious: Why would anyone buy this?

#1pokefan35Posted 3/5/2013 12:37:41 PM
- EA and Origin: Um, how about no thank you with a pile of **** on top. Netflix get's worse and worse, and more companies try to get in on that action. We don't need 10 movie clients for all the different companies. And we don't need 10 online invasive clients for video games. It's a stupid idea, steam won, will continue to win, and will get all of my online video game purchases - and I am sure it's the same for A LOT of people. Steam has it's downsides, but it isn't the piece of crap Origin is - I regret buying Battlefield because of Origin.

- No terraforming. It's Sim...freaking....city. Small cities? It's Sim....freaking...city.

Attention All Game Developers:

STOP TRYING TO BE MODERN AND SLEEK AND JUST PRODUCE A GOOD GAME, NOT ONES THAT COPY SUCCESS, DUMB DOWN FEATURES, AND BE GENERALLY BAD. STOP *TRYING* TO TAP MARKETS. JUST MAKE GOOD GAMES. YOU'LL JUST GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS THE PEOPLE WHO MADE MONEY GRUBBING GAMES.
#2Freelance_WolfPosted 3/5/2013 12:40:29 PM
I don't hate EA. I don't hate Origin. I don't hate any company. Every company has its ups and downs. If it weren't for EA I wouldn't have Sims 3 or SimCity. I have no reason to hate them. Steam isn't as awesome as people say but I still use it. Same with Origin.

THE END.

I'd probably get flamed to kingdom come now. Thanks.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#3Link_AJPosted 3/5/2013 12:40:50 PM
Just buy it as cheap as possible, I bought it at CDkeydiscount.com or something for a few euro's.
#4Lunacy182Posted 3/5/2013 12:41:56 PM
Because it looks like a fun and enjoyable game. What other reason is there?
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz
#5Rone8822Posted 3/5/2013 12:44:02 PM
"Why would anyone buy this?"

Same reason people troll forums and do other things that people do not understand.

Because they can.
#6pokefan35(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 12:44:50 PM
Freelance_Wolf posted...
I don't hate EA. I don't hate Origin. I don't hate any company. Every company has its ups and downs. If it weren't for EA I wouldn't have Sims 3 or SimCity. I have no reason to hate them. Steam isn't as awesome as people say but I still use it. Same with Origin.

THE END.

I'd probably get flamed to kingdom come now. Thanks.

Oh, I don't hate...I really dislike origin. It's a steaming pile of ****.

Steam has issues just like anything else, and it isn't as awesome as some people make it out to be - it's not the be all end all, it just happens to be super super annoying that these companies all want to have their own thing.

They probably have some high powered charts and what not that say it's the best idea, but I can't see it working out in the long run. All you get is multiple new companies coming out with their own version, when they get fed up with the idea of giving steam/origin/uplay/---whatever money.

Who suffers? The consumer: Keeping track of their libraries, having to download multiple privacy invasive game clients. Steam is bad enough with it's game history, you can virtually stalk people.
#7pokefan35(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 12:46:07 PM
Rone8822 posted...
"Why would anyone buy this?"

Same reason people troll forums and do other things that people do not understand.

Because they can.

I used to play Sim City, I am a fan of the series. I used to play the Sims too. It sincerely isn't trolling if you're really upset at the directions and choices a company is making. It's not about inflaming other users. It's about expressing my disinterest because of bad decisions. Hopefully people agree, or share their valid opinions too.
#8SharperKnivesPosted 3/5/2013 12:46:13 PM
this topic is stupid
---
People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people.
#9pokefan35(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 12:51:55 PM
SharperKnives posted...
this topic is stupid

I work at EA/Maxis - ask me anythung.
#10SharperKnivesPosted 3/5/2013 12:52:29 PM
pokefan35 posted...
SharperKnives posted...
this topic is stupid

I work at EA/Maxis - ask me anythung.

is this a rash, or should i go to a doctor
---
People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people.