Do you think they will abuse DLCs?

#1nitedawgPosted 3/5/2013 6:43:17 PM
Like The Sims?
#2Game-XpertPosted 3/5/2013 6:45:01 PM
Answer is obvious when EA published this.
#3H8red_is_MagicPosted 3/5/2013 6:46:15 PM
Game-Xpert posted...
Answer is obvious when EA published this.

---
My scars insane, my life profane
I deny, defy and spread a little hate worldwide
#4Lord_VaderPosted 3/5/2013 6:46:20 PM
They have stated that all future EA games will be obligated to have micro DLCs so I can almost certainly say yes. The sad thing is they will make things that were already in the previous games (terraforming, bigger cities, etc.) as a DLC which is a slap to the face of long time fans.
---
Live long and prosper.
#5RavenoussdPosted 3/5/2013 6:58:26 PM
They have stated that all future EA games will be obligated to have micro DLCs so I can almost certainly say yes. The sad thing is they will make things that were already in the previous games (terraforming, bigger cities, etc.) as a DLC which is a slap to the face of long time fans.

we still have simcity 4

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
---
1055T | M4a77d | 6gb ddr2 | AMD 6870 | Sonata III | Antec 500w earthwatts | 500gb HD | 27" Monitor | Blu ray/dvd burner | Win 7 Prof | Razer BlackWidow Ult
#6YMIHerePosted 3/6/2013 1:53:08 AM
I found two city set boards with a release date of Friday while searching for this board (didn't think it would have made the top 10 list). Not sure of any details about them though.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/705811-simcity-french-city-set
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/705813-simcity-german-city-set
#7AnderjakPosted 3/6/2013 1:57:26 AM
Considering it's multiplayer and single player, it'll more likely be just cosmetic DLC like what's available now. It's up to Maxis. Like, The Sims is practically KNOWN for its expansions, but Sim City has, like... One major expansion in SC4? Whichever one was Rush Hour.

I can't imagine what else they could do with DLC for this game, outside of cosmetic features. I guess, like, an overall expansion to add building types or something? I doubt they'd add in the more micromanagey parts of previous titles in a game that they're trying to pitch as being more accessible.
---
An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.
#8ShaidonPosted 3/6/2013 2:01:15 AM
Some people are already justifying these DLCs as a good way to keep the interest on the game.

I call it a lame excuse for a short attention spam. Need someone to throw you a bone once a while.
---
50% of the challenge is made by the game. The other fifty, by the player.
#9darkace77450Posted 3/6/2013 2:03:02 AM
Anderjak posted...
I can't imagine what else they could do with DLC for this game, outside of cosmetic features.

Sit tight, kid; EA is going to put on a clinic on how to squeeze every last dime out of players of a social network-esque game.
#10derp420Posted 3/6/2013 2:22:16 AM
I imagine they'll be selling new regions, and perhaps some of those will come with larger cities. I wouldn't hold my breath for major engine updates like terraforming though.
---
www.cracked.com/phpimages/photoshop/1/8/3/3183_slide.gif
http://i.imgur.com/NlUVU.gif