It's forcing me to play the tutorial?

#1MageGuyInfinityPosted 3/5/2013 8:45:56 PM
When I first launch the game, I could choose to play sandbox online with other people's region or whatever. I quit that and chose to go back to the main menu, where the message "hello mayor ____. learn the basic by playing this scenario". I can't seem to find ANY other option besides clicking on that. When I load the scenario up, the city load up but nothing happens. It won't let me do anything, not objectives or anything.
---
Do not support the racism that is Resident Evil 5
#2AshigaruPosted 3/5/2013 8:48:47 PM
I had the same situation, I let the tutorial play out for a minute then exited back to main menu where I finally got a "Play" button. Didn't matter though, it wouldn't let me create a city, I kept receiving errors.
#3nilotecPosted 3/5/2013 8:51:10 PM
Mine loads the tutorial too... quitting to the main menu does not give me the option to play and the tutorial has all of it's options greyed out without telling me what to do... so basically I payed $60 to zoom in and out of a tutorial city and post on forums about "Is it supposed to be doing this?" and "How can I play the game?"
#4WDRodgePosted 3/5/2013 8:53:29 PM
I have this installed on my desktop and my laptop. I have played all day since getting home from work on the desktop. Went to play it on the laptop since I planned on taking it into work with me tomorrow and I'm stuck in the same boat.

Stuck on tutorial and can't progress any further on the laptop. Hopefully someone finds a solution to this!
#5WDRodgePosted 3/5/2013 8:58:54 PM
Found the answer!

https://help.ea.com/article/do-i-need-to-play-the-tutorial
#6nilotecPosted 3/5/2013 9:04:02 PM
WDRodge... you rock!
#7WDRodgePosted 3/5/2013 9:13:58 PM
Glad I helped someone. Too bad I'm stuck waiting for the stupid 20 minute timer to expire before I can even attempt to rejoin the server. DRM doesn't upset me, but when a company totally underestimates the server load on the first day, that upsets me!

I was playing fine til I logged off one computer to make sure the other worked. Should have just stayed on the desktop. LOL
#8MageGuyInfinity(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 9:24:32 PM
I'm sure the didn't underestimated. They probably did not want to spend extra money when the player base will drop a couple weeks later.
---
Do not support the racism that is Resident Evil 5