Sim city has stopped working? :/

#1SpizMackkPosted 3/6/2013 12:13:37 AM
just got this twice in 10 mins of starting. Did I just get scammed?
#2BiasmaniaPosted 3/6/2013 12:32:17 AM
The strange thing is I just recently started getting this too, it didn't happen last night or this morning, but since this evening if I am not in a queue, or getting a can not create error, I get in game and get booted fairly quickly, and then it is start all over again. I am actually in the Origin Help Queue.. I am going to ask for a refund. Ain't nobody got time for this.
#3AnderjakPosted 3/6/2013 1:10:11 AM
Nah, you didn't get scammed. It's the hazard for always-on; if the servers are stressed, then the game functions poorly. That's part of what you buy in to.

Nearly every popular game suffers like this when always-on is a thing, even on Steam; the first couple of hours to days, depending on popularity, will be spotty as heck. Some games, like Diablo III, were spotty for weeks before servers calmed down. I sincerely doubt SimCity will take more than a day or so.

The Help line is pretty packed at the moment; you won't be able to get much out of them anyway. Some people have been waiting for over a couple of hours for a response (that's just dedication right there); you can certainly try, but if they already know what the issue is (they do), more calls isn't going to help.

As a note: BECAUSE of the server issues, you might want to wait a couple of days (no longer than four or five if you can help it) to call and settle a refund -- if you don't want to wait a huge long time on the phone.

It'll work eventually, and servers will calm down and everything will work fine. However, the help line'll likely be able to more readily accept your call after a couple of days, once the initial shock to the server dies down and people stop sending in so many "why isn't this working" tickets.
---
An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.
#4Lord_VaderPosted 3/6/2013 1:13:12 AM
Biasmania posted...
The strange thing is I just recently started getting this too, it didn't happen last night or this morning, but since this evening if I am not in a queue, or getting a can not create error, I get in game and get booted fairly quickly, and then it is start all over again. I am actually in the Origin Help Queue.. I am going to ask for a refund. Ain't nobody got time for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh7UgAprdpM
---
Live long and prosper.