Not impressed

#1XeroPridePosted 3/6/2013 3:31:29 AM
After a full day of playing SimCity... I'm really not too impressed. Its been around 8 years since SimCity 4 came out and this is barely an upgrade... more of a sidegrade.

Regions are bad. I want to create a HUGE city not a bunch of small towns. I'm glad they integrated neighbour sharing but they could do that while giving us a larger grid to build a larger city.

This game holds your hand too much, like most games these days. Once you understand the basics of the gameplay... its just too easy to create a city. I've created over 5 "cities" just today, in less than an hour easy before I run out of room and have to start another

I'm just so disappointed. Tropico 4 was much much better than this game. Where's the farms? Highways with on/off ramps? Water structures? I don't want to pay 9.99 for new DLC that adds a few new buildings (like tropico ironically)

So now I'll try for the achievements and "challenges" but so far its been a breeze. The "disasters" are extremely easy to manage.

Also, don't care for the online DRM. It's the way it is folks.

come at me fanboys
---
Gamertag: Xythar
BW2: 2581 2130 0358
#2Bolt ThrowerPosted 3/6/2013 3:39:19 AM
*yawn*
#3ShaidonPosted 3/6/2013 3:39:38 AM
XeroPride posted...

come at me fanboys

These two sentences invalidates all your complains.
As we can use the "it's the way it is" on any. And baiting negative responses by using of pejorative.
---
50% of the challenge is made by the game. The other fifty, by the player.
#4Lord_VaderPosted 3/6/2013 3:43:41 AM(edited)
Honestly I'm glad that I played the beta. After playing it my decision not to purchase this game was set in stone. This game really limits your creativity because of all the restrictions and is more of a downgrade of simcity 4. Sure glass box is nice but what use is it if you can't create huge metropolises surrounded by farms/suburbs? And don't you worry because bigger cities and subways will be available in the $10 DLC.

I would suggest getting a refund since EA is currently giving them out due to all the launch issues. The launch issues are a whole other story which I'm sure you can get the gist of from this forum. What a travesty of a game. Oh well. At least I can keep playing sc4 forever and not have to worry about the servers shutting down.
---
Live long and prosper.
#5XeroPride(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 3:41:43 AM
Shaidon posted...
XeroPride posted...

come at me fanboys

These two sentences invalidates all your complains.
As we can use the "it's the way it is" on any. And baiting negative responses by using of pejorative.

Ok.jpg
---
Gamertag: Xythar
BW2: 2581 2130 0358
#6ShaidonPosted 3/6/2013 3:51:31 AM
It seem that one of the reasons for the small area to build cities, is not only to reduce processing on low end PCs, but to force a mechanic to make cities dependable of each other, and not just one self-sufficient megalopolis.
It's look reasonable, but if you going to think again, all these small interacting cities makes a megalopolis. So is not much different of have a big terrain that could fit these small cites.
---
50% of the challenge is made by the game. The other fifty, by the player.
#7darthsephyPosted 3/6/2013 4:58:01 AM
the thing is they already had the inter-dependent cities in 4. Even with the largest city size, you could fill it up fairly quickly if you knew what you were doing. The one thing that SimCity did better is streamlining changing cities, but they didn't really have to reduce the complexity and size of the individual blocks to do that.

http://www.gamerdna.com/uimage/jk71nSaW/full/_simcity4_region_27jun2012-jpg.jpg

having regions like this but with easier switching was one of the things I was hoping for. We got it a bit, but stuff like set connections and a lack of control over infrastructure and transportation is a step down
---
---lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololo
---ololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol