SimCity is slow to close?

#1tastethecouragePosted 3/6/2013 8:32:52 AM
Specs in my signature -- good system that doesn't have problems with any other game.

Whenever I close SimCity, it takes anywhere between 10-25 seconds to actually shut down. Maybe this makes me sound like a snob, but 10-25 seconds seems forever these days (with SSD's and such fast computers available).

Is it just me?
---
Corsair 500R | Intel 3570K | EVGA FTW GTX 670 | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | 120gb Kingston SSD | 1tb WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 650W
#2tastethecourage(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 9:31:18 AM
Bump.
---
Corsair 500R | Intel 3570K | EVGA FTW GTX 670 | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | 120gb Kingston SSD | 1tb WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 650W
#3Lord ZopharPosted 3/6/2013 9:32:38 AM
It is probably exchanging data with the EA servers on close and you are waiting for those transactions to complete.
---
faithful gamefaqs.com ghost
#4DarthnuggetzPosted 3/6/2013 9:36:14 AM
it's saving your City to the server
#5LuigiisTeepeePosted 3/6/2013 9:45:30 AM
it's probably THE GODDAM DRM HARVESTING MY BRAIN
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/fc1n5s.jpg
#6Sega9599Posted 3/6/2013 10:23:41 AM
LuigiisTeepee posted...

It's Obama searching my computer to find out my medical information. He wants to know why I visited the doctor last to store it away in his big brain. INFORMATION IS POWER. obama already knows this. soon he'll know all abou the world. and then he'll use that knowledge to control me. he wants me to be a puppet not a sheep. sheep are prone to sudden crazy attacks, puppets dance only when and how you tell them to dance. and then you discard them when they're not needed.

it's sickening. gfaqs sheeple please *cries* please wake up dont let obama use 9/11 to take away ur guns please think of what abraham lincoln went through he thought for freedom all his life and gave us americans access to clean water and fresh lumber and the right to bear arms. im telling you please >_> 150 million americans die each day. and obmam wants 300 more we'll be wiped out my brother was born an american. he thought for your country each and every day of his life. then they kicked him in the ass gave him a watch and said hey! a computer took you job daddy! thas hard times.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#7LuigiisTeepeePosted 3/6/2013 10:32:42 AM
Sega9599 posted...
LuigiisTeepee posted...

It's Obama searching my computer to find out my medical information. He wants to know why I visited the doctor last to store it away in his big brain. INFORMATION IS POWER. obama already knows this. soon he'll know all abou the world. and then he'll use that knowledge to control me. he wants me to be a puppet not a sheep. sheep are prone to sudden crazy attacks, puppets dance only when and how you tell them to dance. and then you discard them when they're not needed.

it's sickening. gfaqs sheeple please *cries* please wake up dont let obama use 9/11 to take away ur guns please think of what abraham lincoln went through he thought for freedom all his life and gave us americans access to clean water and fresh lumber and the right to bear arms. im telling you please >_> 150 million americans die each day. and obmam wants 300 more we'll be wiped out my brother was born an american. he thought for your country each and every day of his life. then they kicked him in the ass gave him a watch and said hey! a computer took you job daddy! thas hard times.

Why did you post the Tea Party Mission Statement?
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/fc1n5s.jpg