Has EA even responded with anything?

#11LyinnearPosted 3/6/2013 7:24:36 PM
They should at least say "we are sorry." Then give people who bought the deluxe version their twenty dollars back. Then offer the British, French and German city packs for free to everyone.
#12Lord_VaderPosted 3/6/2013 7:33:00 PM
Lyinnear posted...
They should at least say "we are sorry." Then give people who bought the deluxe version their twenty dollars back. Then offer the British, French and German city packs for free to everyone.

What are you.. crazy? This is EA we're talking about here.
---
Live long and prosper.
#13ladyphoenixPosted 3/6/2013 7:39:50 PM
This is why I pre-ordered but only got the free shipping option so it takes a few extra days to get here. I knew it was unlikely that I could play on launch date, so saved myself ten bucks. By the time it arrives, most of the launch quirks will be ironed out.
#14ManiusPrimePosted 3/6/2013 7:44:17 PM
I say go on here and complain. If enough complaints are filed against them. The Attorney General will look into their business practices.

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/video-games-wholesale-and-manufacturers/electronic-arts-in-san-francisco-ca-64196
---
Manius
Imperator
#15monkmithPosted 3/6/2013 8:26:00 PM
Maynard_JK posted...
They won't.

MMOs always have problems, Diablo 3 sucked for 2 or 3 days. I should have known better to wait and buy this next week. I haven't been able to make it past the tutorial.

diablo sucked for way more than 2 to 3 days, more like a week or 2.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#16mophisusPosted 3/6/2013 8:30:15 PM
diablo 3 came out on the 15th

the 16th was my birthday.. i was able to play for a few hours that afternoon...

diablo 3 did have a better launch than this (it was terrible, but partially functional..).. so far, everytime ive played, something has been broken.either you cant login, you cant create a city, the friendlist doesnt work so you cant play region.. or when all that does work, the region lags the different cities, so intercity stuff doesnt work (i had a city going, where it took 20-30 minutes for anything to transfer from one city to the other... in a game where the region play is a huge feature, this means that something was broken)..

in diablo 3, once you got in. it worked.. in this, it doesnt.. therefore sim city is a worse launch than diablo

having said that, diablo 3 still needs a fair bit of work to become a good game.. and from what little ive seen of sim city (1 city only.. as as i said, region play didnt work).. it already is a good game, just with horrible server issues.
---
"The side effect of education should not be death by boredom and mediocrity"
#17Dr_Koopa76Posted 3/6/2013 8:32:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]