What's happens when my Internet drops out?

#1empty_buketPosted 3/6/2013 7:37:56 PM
Apologies in advance if this has been discussed, I did try to search but failed in my endeavours.

My Internet connection isn't very stable, and usually drops out atleast once during a gaming session. What happens when this occurs?

Do you have a time limit to reconnect? Or do your immediately get booted from the server? And what happens to your progress?

Thanks in advance for your help :)
---
Wii U ID: CragBH | 3DS F/C: 3523 2062 1741 Crag
#2Lord_VaderPosted 3/6/2013 7:46:45 PM
The game syncs with the EA server every 20 minutes. So you have 20 minutes to get your connection stabilized again otherwise you'll be booted out of the server (this is for singleplayer and multiplayer). You don't get immediately booted out. In regards to your progress, whatever progress that has been saved up until the last time your computer was able to sync to the EA server is what is saved. If you get booted out between syncs you'll lose some progress.
---
Live long and prosper.
#3empty_buket(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 7:50:39 PM
Very informative, that has put my mind at ease in that regard.

Thank you for the help!
---
#4SuperAfroBoyPosted 3/6/2013 7:51:41 PM
Why do so many people have problems with their internet? I live in a rural town (pop 2000) in the smallest province of my country, and in the five years that I've lived here I've lost internet maybe twice. I get that it will vary for every, but I've always thought I had below average internet.
---
I had a vasectomy.
#5Decoy77Posted 3/6/2013 7:52:00 PM
I thought it was every 3-5 min it synced up.
---
i7 960 OC @ 3.8 GHz, EVGA GTX 670 FTW , 6GB DDR3, 1000 Watt PSU, 1TB HD, Asus 23.6'' @ 1920 x 1080, Win7 x64
#6Lord_VaderPosted 3/6/2013 7:59:50 PM(edited)
Keep in mind that you only have 20 minutes to get your Internet back up for the 2nd sync if you disconnect right after the 1st sync sync. You'll have less than 20 minutes to get your Internet back up if you disconnect somewhere in between. If you disconnect a minute before a sync for example and don't get your Internet up, then you'll be booted and lose all of your progress up till the last sync.

Also, I would wait a few weeks to get this game if I were you. People are having a various issues with the servers such as not being able to join singleplayer/multiplayer servers, randomly crashing/disconnecting and in some instances not even being able to download the game. This is because EA didn't properly prepare for the launch day but there may still be lingering problems even a few weeks down the road because the game's stability depends on the stability of your internet and the EA server. I would wait until the dust settles to get the game.
---
Live long and prosper.
#7Lunacy182Posted 3/6/2013 8:02:42 PM
Why do so many people have problems with their internet? I live in a rural town (pop 2000) in the smallest province of my country, and in the five years that I've lived here I've lost internet maybe twice. I get that it will vary for every, but I've always thought I had below average internet.

One year over month period my internet would drop out every day several times a day till one day it completely when out. It was over the summer and I was big into WoW at the time. Found out after it finally went out that a neighbors dog hand been chewing on the line till one day he snapped it.

So, dogs. Dogs are what causes these problems.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz
#8empty_buket(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 8:04:16 PM
Hmmm, so it all depends on when I disconnect; the amount of time I have to reconnect.

Does the game give you some sort of warning when you've lost connection?

My Internet dropping out (I believe) has something to do with my router / wireless adapter. All I have to do is unplug and plug back in the adapter and I'm good to go. But I have very slow Internet here in Australia. I don't live in some rural / outback town either ... I live in city just outside Brisbane (qld capital city), so it's quite appalling the service I get here :/
---
#9Lunacy182Posted 3/6/2013 8:07:04 PM
Does the game give you some sort of warning when you've lost connection?

Yeah, a little message will pop up in the top left screen telling you that you lost connection with EA Servers and it's trying to reconnect.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz
#10monkmithPosted 3/6/2013 9:20:33 PM
Lunacy182 posted...

One year over month period my internet would drop out every day several times a day till one day it completely when out. It was over the summer and I was big into WoW at the time. Found out after it finally went out that a neighbors dog hand been chewing on the line till one day he snapped it.

So, dogs. Dogs are what causes these problems.

had a similar problem, but instead of a dog it was a squirrel. chewed through the line on the pole and it took a month for the provider to figure it out (pretty much had to force them to check the pole). now i have a pellet gun and a lot of scared squirrels (and a happy dog, he likes squirrels).
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.