Giant Bomb review is up

#11MoxRavagerPosted 3/6/2013 11:33:10 PM
How the heck do you even score this game? How much do you weigh towards the gameplay and how much towards the DRM bull?
---
Please do not post a picture of your fecal matter. ~AverageAverage
#12Lunacy182Posted 3/6/2013 11:44:48 PM
How the heck do you even score this game? How much do you weigh towards the gameplay and how much towards the DRM bull?

Easy. 100% gameplay, 0% DRM. Never once have I seen a review that took into account DRM while reviewing.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz
#13Alamyst_Posted 3/6/2013 11:58:59 PM
0/10

Can't review what I can't play.

Really sad. What is in essence a single player genre is completely useless because EA has the need to build drm into games so when they finally decide to close their servers they can legally shut everyone out of their older games forever. Bravo.
---
psn Alamyst
#14ShatteringGlassPosted 3/7/2013 1:18:30 PM
ShatteringGlass posted...
No, clue about how good this game either way.(only watched streams so far) Isn't Giant Bomb usually tough on all there reviews? Never really payed attention to them but noticed there reviews seem to be lower then most.

That's generally true. They hardly give out 5/5 scores, and dole out just plenty 1 or 2 star reviews. I find it refreshing. They cut through the crap.

Cut through the crap? You mean their reviews aren't thorough and detailed? That doesn't sound refreshing - that sounds like bad reviewing.

I suppose I could see how "cut through the crap" could be taken like that. I meant it in the way that they dont really care what big time publishers think, and they call it like it is.
---
"Women... they smell nice, but they are soul murderers" - William Murderface
NY Giants 2012: 9-7. No Playoffs. Ugh.
#15DadansterPosted 3/7/2013 1:22:34 PM
No, clue about how good this game either way.(only watched streams so far) Isn't Giant Bomb usually tough on all there reviews? Never really payed attention to them but noticed there reviews seem to be lower then most.

That's generally true. They hardly give out 5/5 scores, and dole out just plenty 1 or 2 star reviews. I find it refreshing. They cut through the crap.

Cut through the crap? You mean their reviews aren't thorough and detailed? That doesn't sound refreshing - that sounds like bad reviewing.

I suppose I could see how "cut through the crap" could be taken like that. I meant it in the way that they dont really care what big time publishers think, and they call it like it is.

Exactly. Of all the game review sites, I tend to take their reviews more significantly. All of their reviewers are always involved with the website and community, doing streams and other things. Gerstman himself was fired from Gamespot because he gave Kane and Lynch the review score it deserved, despite Kane and Lynch sponsoring the website. So I tend to take his and his colleagues opinions better than most.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3qchfkw http://i.imgur.com/5vUHL.gif
#16KillaBeAtPosted 3/7/2013 1:23:13 PM
I'm firmly in the "Excellent game, horrible servers" camp.

The game itself is fun and is FAR and away one of the best city sims you could possibly be playing right now, but the servers are AWFUL.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.