Tiny Gripe

#1CegenPosted 3/6/2013 8:30:38 PM
Well the server intermittently being plagued with users is good thing, but annoying at the same time. Hopefully EA has successfully breathed some more life into the SimCity series.

My main gripe is the plot of land you get, its quite limited once you begin to run out of space. It seems that your city/plot become quite disorganized. Is there anyway to increase your city plot size?
#2mophisusPosted 3/6/2013 8:31:51 PM
not yet (hinted at dlc or future patch)

region play is a big part of it (sims are supposed to be able to live in one city, work in another, shop in yet another, and visit others as well.. but.. based on what ive seen, the server issues are effecting their ability to do that)
---
"The side effect of education should not be death by boredom and mediocrity"
#3TheWayOfTheGunPosted 3/6/2013 8:34:34 PM
You need to create monozoned cities. For example, I'm starting with an Industry sector and I will only build enough residential to get it started.

Then I will build a residential city and then I will build a commercial city with lots of ports and trading.

Until we get a solid FAQ, that's all we can really do.
#4Cegen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 8:38:43 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
You need to create monozoned cities. For example, I'm starting with an Industry sector and I will only build enough residential to get it started.

Then I will build a residential city and then I will build a commercial city with lots of ports and trading.

Until we get a solid FAQ, that's all we can really do.

Thanks for that advice, never thought of the regions since its a new feature in SimCity
#5TheWayOfTheGunPosted 3/6/2013 8:42:03 PM
Yea, it's basically just like cities xl. That was the only way to build a big city in that game and I guess Maxis liked it so much that they pretty much copied it.