Man this game is getting creamed on Amazon.

#1CurzadPosted 3/7/2013 12:46:15 AM
I really feel bad for all the SimCity fans. You deserve better than this. I'm tired of these big companies slapping $60.00 price tags on junk. I think they spend more time marketing for pre-orders then actually trying to make a good product. Sad
#2sword2183Posted 3/7/2013 12:51:01 AM
I think a problem with a lot of games today is that they release them too early, and decide to fix it over a year of patches/DLC. I don't think this problem is going away anytime soon though.
#3BrohammedAliPosted 3/7/2013 1:31:48 AM
Also, bitter entitled gaming nerds are great at flocking together and making minor inconveniences seem like the worst crisis to ever hit a franchise.
---
www.last.fm/user/mixmastaface
#4The_Dark_IcerPosted 3/7/2013 1:45:41 AM
BrohammedAli posted...
Also, bitter entitled gaming nerds are great at flocking together and making minor inconveniences seem like the worst crisis to ever hit a franchise.

you must really be either a young kid or a dumb conservative to not understand that it's not entitlement or nerd it's people having to go through this DRM (Digital Rights Management) System (The idea o of my rights being managed by corporation i do not control as oppose of a government that I do control) the game is being forced to play online even for single player game. if your internet is out you can't play is EA cut the servers you can't play. If the servers are over loaded you can't play people like me who have been playing games for 30 or more years never had to experience this amount of disregard to our personal rights and ownership
#5BrohammedAliPosted 3/7/2013 2:05:05 AM
The_Dark_Icer posted...
BrohammedAli posted...

you must really be either a young kid or a dumb conservative to not understand that it's not entitlement or nerd it's people having to go through this DRM (Digital Rights Management) System (The idea o of my rights being managed by corporation i do not control as oppose of a government that I do control) the game is being forced to play online even for single player game. if your internet is out you can't play is EA cut the servers you can't play. If the servers are over loaded you can't play people like me who have been playing games for 30 or more years never had to experience this amount of disregard to our personal rights and ownership

only you have.

because these are not new ideas.
---
www.last.fm/user/mixmastaface
#6WhenZebrasgobadPosted 3/7/2013 2:31:59 AM
BrohammedAli posted...

>Entitled Gamers

Wow! you sound just like EA! Wait a minute, how do we know you're not an EA agent that goes online and supports EA games and then tries to draw drama to non EA games. Like that ex-agent that spilled his guts on 4chan.

I am on to you buddy.
---
orc
#7saighcPosted 3/7/2013 3:11:57 AM
The_Dark_Icer posted...
BrohammedAli posted...

Well said!!!! That's why I play crack versions of games I buy. But I don't think I can do that with SimCity.

My copy of SimCity is sitting in my DVD drive but I can't play it yet. All I wants is to play the game a few hours before the release, all because of the DRM.
#8derp420Posted 3/7/2013 3:13:08 AM
Thing is, a proper SimCity game is well worth 60 or even 80 dollars. I spent hundreds of hours on SC4, and if EA can get their server s*** together I can see spending hundreds on this. It's true that current DRM sucks, but we should have faith in the industry we love.

http://i.imgur.com/eKIE2.jpg

iTunes did it for music, Netflix did it for movies, we have to hope that our favorite video game companies follow suit.
---
www.cracked.com/phpimages/photoshop/1/8/3/3183_slide.gif
http://i.imgur.com/NlUVU.gif
#9darkace77450Posted 3/7/2013 4:02:34 AM
BrohammedAli posted...

We, as consumers, are ENTITLED to use the products for which we've paid. There are laws...lots of them...stating as much. Anyone who believes the customers are to blame for EA's inability to deliver stable server is a tool through and through.
#10DragonswkapPosted 3/7/2013 4:18:22 AM
I do believe this is how it works...

Angry Gamers will instantly hate the game cause of the online only part
Entitled gamers will hate the game because of the online only part, and because they feel like everything should be how they want it and everyone else should suffer

Gamers like myself, don't care about the online part and will play the game reguardless, but any time we try to voice our opinions we are all of course apperantly working for the company that makes said game. Which would mean that there are A LOT of people working for EA that aren't in this case.

Their only defense against our statements of "Deal with it, it's just a game" is "Oh you work for EA"... not a very good defense.

I happen to like Sim City, and have vastly enjoyed the 20 hours of this game I've already played. I'm still learning but i'm getting better at it! So they had a rough launch day... so what. Let me go through the bad launches...

EQ1
EQ2
WoW
D3
Battlefield 3 (may have been the worst)
etc...

the list goes on so I won't continue or i'de be here a while
---
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 3395 5826 5484 Name: Jack