My game just arrived (UK release)

#1AssassinDXPosted 3/7/2013 4:23:21 AM
Just got my copy delivered from GAME, went to install it and... I can't until the servers open at midnight. Which is nearly 13 hours away, so I can't play the game I just spent 40 on.

I've been pretty neutral to all the complaints so far, and I know the game technically isn't released until tomorrow, but I am a bit pissed I can't play a game I own because the damn servers aren't up yet.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Assassin_D_X
NAMI-SWAAAAAN!!!
#2MonixionPosted 3/7/2013 4:39:31 AM
Same boat here, just got the 'Unreleased game, must wait till release to play' message...so annoyed! Can't wait to play this game =O

At least I finish work early tomorrow!
---
[[PSN - NekuShibuya]] [[Xbox Live - monixion]]
Currently Playing: Persona 4 Golden [Vita]
#3CairnsayPosted 3/7/2013 4:40:08 AM
Least you have yours, mine is still listed as 'Unshipped'. Though to be fair I didnt decide to order it till last night, decided if I was going to take the risk with this game sever issues and all, there was no way I was paying the 44 from Origin, so used my reward points on Game and got it for 20.

So long as I get it in time for the weekend we should get a UK'ers game going, Cairnsay is my Origin ID.
---
GamerTag: Cairnsay
The Big 4: Batman: Arkham City, Far Cry 3, Mass Effect 3, Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
#4MonixionPosted 3/7/2013 4:44:06 AM
Cairnsay posted...
Least you have yours, mine is still listed as 'Unshipped'. Though to be fair I didnt decide to order it till last night, decided if I was going to take the risk with this game sever issues and all, there was no way I was paying the 44 from Origin, so used my reward points on Game and got it for 20.

So long as I get it in time for the weekend we should get a UK'ers game going, Cairnsay is my Origin ID.

Ordered mine Tuesday, had it shipped Wednesday and it turned up today, so hopefully you'll get yours by tomorrow or Sat by the latest!
---
[[PSN - NekuShibuya]] [[Xbox Live - monixion]]
Currently Playing: Persona 4 Golden [Vita]
#5CairnsayPosted 3/7/2013 4:48:57 AM
Cool, Saturday would probably be better for me anyways, got a pretty packed Friday. Hopefully the issues will be somewhat cleared up my then and we can get a good region going!
---
GamerTag: Cairnsay
The Big 4: Batman: Arkham City, Far Cry 3, Mass Effect 3, Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
#6Toney9Posted 3/7/2013 6:38:42 AM
Does anyone know EA's stance on VPNs?

I know using VPN's to unlock a game early on Steam will net you a ban but I'm not sure if that is the case with EA and Origin

I got the game today too :)
#7EternalNetherPosted 3/7/2013 6:55:22 AM
I'm shocked that anyone in the UK is brave enough to order the game on launch after seeing what we're going through here in the USA. Sure, EA promised to have the issues sorted out by then, but they also promised the USA would never have issues in the first place. They lie through their teeth and laugh about it. If I were in another country and saw what happened to the game's current launch, I would wait another week or two to buy it.
---
PSN: Solirus
Feel free to add me.
#8BobletyPosted 3/7/2013 7:00:11 AM
Do i need to install it from the cd or does it come with a code I can enter in origin and download it from there?

ordered the physical copy from game but don't have a cd drive on my machine.
---
:O
#9saighcPosted 3/7/2013 7:15:55 AM
Boblety posted...
Do i need to install it from the cd or does it come with a code I can enter in origin and download it from there?

ordered the physical copy from game but don't have a cd drive on my machine.

yes, you can download it and use the code from you physical copy.
#10sabon25Posted 3/7/2013 7:29:52 AM
It's going to be at least another 24 hours before the game is working anyway from my guess, so don't get too excited.