WAIT WAIT WAIT... So available also means busy?

#1RavianisPosted 3/7/2013 5:26:13 AM
Select server, NA West 1 (Marked as available), click okay:

Your server is experiencing high volume, please wait... 20 MINUTES...

So Available:
suitable or ready for use; of use or service; at hand
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/available

Means unavailable?
#2Ravianis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 6:02:03 AM
Oh cool, "Could not log in" and now another 20 minute wait for no reason... Did I just buy the waiting game?
#3En_FuegoPosted 3/7/2013 6:12:42 AM
I'm getting the same thing with NA East 2.
#4icmz1Posted 3/7/2013 6:18:07 AM
Yeah even if you do get into a server you cannot create or claim anything. Another problem is if you get sent to the tutorial nothing happens even if you exit back to the menu. I'm just thinking its down.
---
XBL MADMAX 20XX
PSN: icmz
#5Ravianis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 6:23:16 AM
icmz1 posted...
Yeah even if you do get into a server you cannot create or claim anything. Another problem is if you get sent to the tutorial nothing happens even if you exit back to the menu. I'm just thinking its down.

Yeah I can't get anything to work AT all!
#6roughstickPosted 3/7/2013 6:40:45 AM
yup...caved and bought the game last night as was excited to play....spent 2 hours trying to log in and have now given up. I know I should've waited.
---
PSN: Ruffstik
XBL: Rufstik
#7Ravianis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 7:07:57 AM
So 2 times now I've been waiting after a "Connection issue"... YAY I bought the waiting game... :/
#8frozen_flamesPosted 3/7/2013 8:02:18 AM
You would think that a company that has been around as long as EA would be better able to anticipate the amount of server load they'd need to handle when releasing a game like this, guess not.
---
Can you hear the drums?
#9fall4u2Posted 3/7/2013 8:11:10 AM
roughstick posted...
yup...caved and bought the game last night as was excited to play....spent 2 hours trying to log in and have now given up. I know I should've waited.

This, I started studying then got bored and bought it, Origin says I have 3 hours of gameplay already, but I haven't even been able to start the tutorial.
---
[GT: kevin the hoss] [LoL: kevin fml] [GW2: Kevin Starr]
#10spraynardtatumPosted 3/7/2013 8:36:04 AM
fall4u2 posted...
roughstick posted...

This, I started studying then got bored and bought it, Origin says I have 3 hours of gameplay already, but I haven't even been able to start the tutorial.

yeah that was really weird to me too. It said I had 8 hours of gameplay when I first logged on.
---
Happy birthday Spray! I'm disappointed in you!