Is it true that the cities are ridiculously small?

#1il_capitanoPosted 3/7/2013 7:03:36 AM
Like, i have read it's impossible to get more than 220-230k population in a city?

Rofl, what's the purpose of a Simcity game if you can't get 1m + population?
---
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12
#2_Billy_The_Kid_Posted 3/7/2013 7:06:37 AM
Regions are kind of different in this game than they have been in the past. There is much more focus on inter-city collaboration, and it's more like building a huge city composed of smaller units.

But you are correct, the maps are considerably smaller than they were in previous iterations, and it is difficult to get staggering populations in just one city.
---
"Any society that would sacrifice a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither, and lose both"-Benjamin Franklin
#3ZaishiPosted 3/7/2013 7:08:09 AM
No it's really easy to get well over 200k in a city. 1m should be possible, it's just difficult to play that long at the moment.
#4captainsquallyPosted 3/7/2013 7:10:10 AM
What is this, a city for ants?!

But seriously, yeah each map is smaller and you have several to many maps in a single region and they all interact with each other. It is a lot different than what you are prob used to but that doesn't automatically mean it is bad. It is a well designed game and I suggest you wait a month or so then buy it.
---
http://flashyreview.com
Unbiased, Gaming news and views
#5il_capitano(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 7:12:11 AM
But...if your growth depends on other people actions, what happens when your neighbors stop caring about their city and leave it untouched?
---
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12
#6ZaishiPosted 3/7/2013 7:13:30 AM
il_capitano posted...
But...if your growth depends on other people actions

No it doesn't, at all. You can completely ignore other people, or better yet play on a private map.
#7Lunacy182Posted 3/7/2013 7:16:12 AM
il_capitano posted...
But...if your growth depends on other people actions, what happens when your neighbors stop caring about their city and leave it untouched?

It can depend on others. But it's not needed. So you could work with friends and build your city in a way to complement each other.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz
#8ku_guy505Posted 3/7/2013 7:16:29 AM
I filled up a map in about three hours of casual expansion as my coffers continued to grow and I have 50,000 people. Now I just sit there and wait until the higher density buildings move in and it's getting kind of boring now not having anywhere to expand.
---
PSN: KumquatGOATBEEF
#9scalzPosted 3/7/2013 7:22:16 AM
Well, to get the last upgrade for your mansion, you need a pop of 1 million, so apparently the devs think its possible, though it seems like you don't have enough space.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/scalz311?feature=mhee
#10ZaishiPosted 3/7/2013 7:22:29 AM
ku_guy505 posted...
I filled up a map in about three hours of casual expansion as my coffers continued to grow and I have 50,000 people. Now I just sit there and wait until the higher density buildings move in and it's getting kind of boring now not having anywhere to expand.

You made a full residential city filled border to border with avenues and residential zoning in 3 hours? How long did it take to create the industrial, commercial, utility, education, and trade/production "cities" to support it?

I think they would solve a lot of complaints by not calling the "blocks" cities. The city is really the entire map, with up to 16 areas to expand into and exploit. They should have called them districts.