So has it been pirated yet?

#61AnonUnknownPosted 3/8/2013 6:41:32 AM
MarquisRyiz posted...
*snip*

Oh, thanks for a URL with a news from months ago from a semi-obscure, non-English site.
#62BlackisbackonPosted 3/8/2013 6:48:57 AM
Psycko101 posted...
Zerol09 posted...
It has:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=up863eQKGUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBH4g_ua5es

I hate you for this amazingly addictive song. Curse you good sir.....curse you......
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself.
#63Kaisar_DragonPosted 3/8/2013 7:00:13 AM
Southpaw89 posted...
for those who pirate the game, congrats, you're the reason the game is always online and they're so tight with everything now. It's to prevent crap like pirating. It's a damn $60 game just go buy it.

DRM has always hurt paying customers, not pirates. Most people look to cracks now just to play some games. Doesn't mean you have to DL it for free or steal anything. I have NO CD and various cracks for my legit paid for games.
---
simsamsalabim: I want TESVI to take place as far away from video game consoles as possible.
#64petran78Posted 3/8/2013 7:27:33 AM
Southpaw89 posted...
for those who pirate the game, congrats, you're the reason the game is always online and they're so tight with everything now. It's to prevent crap like pirating. It's a damn $60 game just go buy it.

pirate: I have my ultra HD overclocked rig, what game do I need to play to kill some time and watch the awesomeness of my system and look cool to others?
thats right! Sim City!

EA: no you wont! we'll lose millions. Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft are trembling Sim City will overtake their sales. Our dream is to make Sim City the next Farmville.
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#65brainlackPosted 3/8/2013 8:29:35 AM
petran78 posted...
Southpaw89 posted...

pirate: I have my ultra HD overclocked rig, what game do I need to play to kill some time and watch the awesomeness of my system and look cool to others?
thats right! Sim City!

EA: no you wont! we'll lose millions. Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft are trembling Sim City will overtake their sales. Our dream is to make Sim City the next Farmville.

funny how most pirates don't download sim city
---
ASRock N68C-GS FX, 550ti, phenom ii 1100t
MSI MS 7210, 690 gtx, pentium 4 524 @ 4.2 suicide stock cooler
#66Psycko101Posted 3/8/2013 12:37:28 PM
Xeno_Predator posted...
A developer from CDProjekt Red (a studio which I love the most) talked about piracy. They released two versions of The Witcher 2: one version with no DRM and one version with DRM. The version with DRM was pirated a lot more than the version without DRM. They made it known that their game didn't have DRM as well. Seems like most people do it out of spite.Their sales were still good. The studio's rationale on why they didn't put DRM on their game is that it does not stop piracy and only turn away paying customers; the only way to combat piracy is to treat customers well and produce high quality games. I love them for that.

The industry's figures on piracy goes something like "oh look at how many free downloads! we lost $$$ based on these numbers of downloads!"

Guess what? People downloaded them because they're free. That doesn't necessarily mean that they would buy them if they could not download them for free. The same applies to the music industry. Dinosaurs running corporations should get that through their heads.

I share the same feeling and try to support them by paying for their games,unlike many others xD
---
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."-Dr Samuel Johnson
#67McJephPosted 3/8/2013 12:42:14 PM(edited)
Yes.

It has actually.

My friend who is a computer programmer essentially made a pirated version that does not need to connect to the EA servers to play in a single player mode.

...This friend also paid for the game and figured it would be quicker to do this than to wait for EA to get it together.

Now if you're asking if a pirated version is uploaded somewhere? I do not know.
#68Psycko101Posted 3/8/2013 12:43:16 PM
Blackisbackon posted...
Psycko101 posted...
Zerol09 posted...
It has:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=up863eQKGUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBH4g_ua5es

I hate you for this amazingly addictive song. Curse you good sir.....curse you......

xD
---
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."-Dr Samuel Johnson
#69Potatoman8Posted 3/8/2013 12:44:31 PM
paralyzed21 posted...
just buy it~~~

Give me the 60$ and I will.
---
"Talk about sidestepping a pot hole only to fall off a bridge"
#70guildclawsPosted 3/8/2013 1:21:52 PM(edited)
It took Assassin's Creed 2 3+ months because of the DRM and that's a singleplayer only game so no