Tell me straight, if I buy this game right now...

#1miamisubsPosted 3/7/2013 8:37:12 AM
How soon can I reasonably expect to be playing it? As in, actually building my cities and whatnot?

I know there's a bunch of fuss over DRM and server issues, it's all over the board, but I really do want to play this game and will takes chance on buying it if it seems likely I could be up and playing within a few hours? Like, however long it takes to download and install.

Thanks in advance.
#2wyndmanPosted 3/7/2013 8:46:34 AM
If the forums haven't dissuaded you from buying the game, wait at least a week and check back and see if any improvements were made.
---
In Loving Memory of Steve Irwin
RIP 9-4-06
#3I Like ToastPosted 3/7/2013 8:47:22 AM
15-45 minutes depending on your download speed.
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
PlayStation 4 Officialy Announced
#4Pure_LionHeartPosted 3/7/2013 8:47:48 AM
Apparently more servers are being added over the course of the next few days, but really man, wait.
At least a week, if not more.
---
The city is burning. And you're the one who burned it.
#5simcowkingPosted 3/7/2013 8:53:36 AM
I had no problem playing launch day at around 3pm and at 8pm. (CST) So that in my mind are around peak times. I have yet to face a problem joining a game either (minus a time where I left the game running for 2 hours and wasn't in anything but the select a city screen. I think it timed me out, a simple restart of the game fixed it)

People are complaining over nothing IMO
---
bump - umi2222
#6FearbeardPosted 3/7/2013 8:55:55 AM
Yeah, wait till next week at the earliest

If they can't get the servers working mid week I have no faith in them getting them working on the weekend especially with the game being released in Europe tomorrow.
---
As soon as there is hype, there is hate.
http://backloggery.com/fearbeard
#7dxb020100Posted 3/7/2013 8:58:03 AM
I love this game. It's incredibly fun and addicting. That said, like someone else said, wait a bit. The server problems, at the moment for me at least, have made this game unplayable.
#8RepublicanThugPosted 3/7/2013 9:20:30 AM
simcowking posted...
I had no problem playing launch day at around 3pm and at 8pm. (CST) So that in my mind are around peak times. I have yet to face a problem joining a game either (minus a time where I left the game running for 2 hours and wasn't in anything but the select a city screen. I think it timed me out, a simple restart of the game fixed it)

People are complaining over nothing IMO

Someone doesn't realize he isn't the only one with the game. There is life outside your house. Check it out sometime. In between pimple popping sessions of course.

Anyhow. Op I would wait if you can. On tuesday I played for hours on end with occasional boots. Yesterday I played for an hour and then got booted and was unable to play for the rest of the day. It would put me in a que but even when it was my turn it wouldn't function. Once it let me in but all I could Do was spectate.
---
4 more years? Sigh.....
#9miamisubs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 9:33:34 AM
Sounds pretty much like a consensus to wait, then. Thanks, you guys.
#10Zerol09Posted 3/7/2013 9:38:47 AM
Here is the current state of this game that pretty much everyone can agree on:

http://i.imgur.com/HlUmokA.jpg