Tell me straight, if I buy this game right now...

#11ThirdDegreePosted 3/7/2013 9:39:18 AM
RepublicanThug posted...
simcowking posted...
I had no problem playing launch day at around 3pm and at 8pm. (CST) So that in my mind are around peak times. I have yet to face a problem joining a game either (minus a time where I left the game running for 2 hours and wasn't in anything but the select a city screen. I think it timed me out, a simple restart of the game fixed it)

People are complaining over nothing IMO

Someone doesn't realize he isn't the only one with the game. There is life outside your house. Check it out sometime. In between pimple popping sessions of course.

Anyhow. Op I would wait if you can. On tuesday I played for hours on end with occasional boots. Yesterday I played for an hour and then got booted and was unable to play for the rest of the day. It would put me in a que but even when it was my turn it wouldn't function. Once it let me in but all I could Do was spectate.

lol. Seriously, talk about having your head buried in the ground. Gee everything seems ok with me, I have money, food and shelter. I don't know what all these poor people are whining about.

I haven't been able to play since earlier yesterday. I played a decent amount on launch day and an hour yesterday but since then I have been having no luck getting back into my city. I'd definitely say wait a week until you stop seeing so many people complain about it. I really wish I did. I almost skipped buying this because of the online thing.
---
gamertag: HndrdDollarBaby
PSN: HundrdDollarBaby
#12NightDrifter05Posted 3/7/2013 9:43:07 AM
simcowking posted...
I had no problem playing launch day at around 3pm and at 8pm. (CST) So that in my mind are around peak times. I have yet to face a problem joining a game either (minus a time where I left the game running for 2 hours and wasn't in anything but the select a city screen. I think it timed me out, a simple restart of the game fixed it)

So, people who bought the game at launch and STILL can't get in the game have nothing to complain over? And it's obviously a problem or EA wouldn't be offering FULL refund and they certainly wouldn't be openly admitting they screwed up the US launch. You are just one of the few lucky one's or either you're just lying to defend the game. I've had the game since launch day and have yet to be able get into a game.
#13Plezbo_GrundlePosted 3/7/2013 9:43:57 AM
simcowking posted...

Hold your horses pal, I wouldn't call not being able to start a single game from 6PM to 2AM complaining over nothing.

The servers still have a hitch in their giddy-up (any Phillies fans recognize the reference?), so maybe you want to wait a little while, I for one will be firing up this game as soon as I get home and trying again.

I blame this all on Karma, from 2003-2008 I pirated every PC game I played and now DRM is coming back to bite me in the ass.
#14azzy32Posted 3/7/2013 9:50:53 AM
I've had minor problems playing the game trying to connect with friends. The download is small and the install takes a bit longer than the download. Really the only problem, obviously, is the occasional server outages or unable to connect to the server.

All in all it's fun to play. I've gotten 13 hours into the game so far.
#15Plezbo_GrundlePosted 3/7/2013 9:54:34 AM
azzy32 posted...
I've had minor problems playing the game trying to connect with friends. The download is small and the install takes a bit longer than the download. Really the only problem, obviously, is the occasional server outages or unable to connect to the server.

All in all it's fun to play. I've gotten 13 hours into the game so far.

ArgH! I am jealous. I can't wait to start playing, waiting around for the server to load is no fun.
#16KillaBeAtPosted 3/7/2013 10:02:28 AM
On average, it isn't the end of the world like some people here are making it out to be, and it CERTAINLY isn't squeaky clean "People are complaining about nothing" like some people think it is.

There are widespread reports of problems but, personally, I've been able to log into the game maybe 50-60% of the time. Right now, for instance, I can get into the game client, but I can't connect to ANY of my cities, or make any new ones. Once you actually get INTO the game it's generally pretty fine (I had an issue of my game crashing on the first night, but haven't had any problems since).

Basically, I would suggest waiting a few days and then seeing what the situation is. I say see, because the easiest way for YOU to tell is to look at the boards. When you see the topics switch from
"This game is unplayable" and "I don't know why everyone is acting like there are server issues"
to
"This game is awful" and "This game is the best." (The only two modes of thinking people on this board are going to operate on)

you will know that the server issues are resolved.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.
#17_Billy_The_Kid_Posted 3/7/2013 10:24:39 AM
It took about 90 minutes for me to set a game up last night but once I did that I had no issues, other than getting a friend into my private region.

I would do as the others on here recommend and wait a few days. EA says the Friday launch will go fine, so maybe check here on Saturday. If you see lots of people still complaining then continue to wait. If people are saying it's better, then you're probably fine.

Incidentally, the gameplay itself is really fun.
---
"Any society that would sacrifice a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither, and lose both"-Benjamin Franklin
#18spraynardtatumPosted 3/7/2013 12:07:44 PM
simcowking posted...

Almost all reviews and news about this game since it has been released has mentioned the server issues. Most of the reviews are specifically saying that the server issues are why their scores were lower than they should be. It isn't only gamefaqs trolls making a huff about it.

The servers were down yesterday from the time I got off work to 2 am. It is incredibly obvious that this is a legitimate thing.

Unfortunate and annoying to experience (and hear about) but completely legitimate.

here are some links from actual publications.

http://www.flesheatingzipper.com/gaming/2013/03/simcity-servers-still-down-rage-nearing-critical-levels/

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/28942/ea-shut-down-several-simcity-servers-for-maintenance/index.html

http://www.examiner.com/article/simcity-servers-down-for-maintenance

http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/06/ea-closes-simcity-servers-for-maintenance-and-even-the-alert-message-is-broken/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/03/06/maxis-working-to-fix-simcitys-server-problems/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/07/ea-disables-non-critical-features-in-simcity-to-ease-server-problems
---
Happy birthday Spray! I'm disappointed in you!
#19thanatos313Posted 3/7/2013 12:12:49 PM
simcowking posted...

i always thought people like you were a myth.. humanity's in trouble if you really exist

Zerol09 posted...
Here is the current state of this game that pretty much everyone can agree on:

http://i.imgur.com/HlUmokA.jpg

indeed
---
poke white FC: 4299 0210 7763
http://www.youtube.com/user/thanatos313games