Anyone been able to get a refund?

#1DeathDealerKSPosted 3/7/2013 9:29:32 AM
I have tried to be patient, but it's been 3 days now and I haven't been able to pay for a single minute, I paid for the digital deluxe, and though I understand launch issues, this is simply being handled the worst I have seen thus far. Part of the problem is mine, I thought the always online thing, would require a hit at the beginning and a hit to save, didn't know even the private sectors would be streamed after authorizations and between saves (which is really very silly).
---
Kratos is neither a good guy or bad guy, he is a bad ass. He can do whatever the hell he wants...
#2RepublicanThugPosted 3/7/2013 9:33:08 AM
I called Gamestop to inquire and they said no way. Guess I'll just have to forget I have it for awhile and wait for a patch.
---
4 more years? Sigh.....
#3DeathDealerKS(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 9:34:42 AM
I meant contacting EA directly.
---
Kratos is neither a good guy or bad guy, he is a bad ass. He can do whatever the hell he wants...
#4ReploidAXZPosted 3/7/2013 9:36:51 AM
Getting refunds is getting harder and harder these days, just don't take any chances if you can't afford for it to go wrong.

Over the years several games, CDs, DVDs and even consoles have died on me and not one of them would refund me, that's why I don't shop at Game, Gamestation and HMV anymore. They have all screwed me over and not long later they are all in administration haha, i'd love to be able to take credit for that, but it wasn't just me, it was everyone they screwed over. Those **** suckers got what they had coming.

I'm still a little bitter about it you can prob' tell haha.
---
R.I.P RARE.
#5TowelBoy402Posted 3/7/2013 9:37:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7H6q90O.jpg

That was posted in another topic on the issue. EA refuses to give refunds on digital downloads except in exceptional circumstances (for them to decide, so they will never give you one).

If you had ordered a physical copy, though, they say they offer a 14 day refund period.
#6KotensuPosted 3/7/2013 9:38:33 AM
I'm going to be patient and wait for a two weeks at the most. Hopefully in that time they should have all the problems fleshed out. I understand their concerns about piracy and DRM but no offline play hurt them in this go around. I'm sure there are other ways to go about protecting the stuff like lower prices (STEAM!!!).
---
PSN , X360 and Now PC!!!: Subartic0123
#7coolo_xPosted 3/7/2013 9:58:33 AM
Kotensu posted...
I'm going to be patient and wait for a two weeks at the most. Hopefully in that time they should have all the problems fleshed out. I understand their concerns about piracy and DRM but no offline play hurt them in this go around. I'm sure there are other ways to go about protecting the stuff like lower prices (STEAM!!!).

all EA products are Origin exclusive... meaning any new titles released after the Origin has been made will not be sold in Steam..

Gosh I love Steam and how I hate Origin
---
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough
#8Freelance_WolfPosted 3/7/2013 10:25:30 AM(edited)
All online-only launches have been bad. This is nothing new. Why would I want a refund (not that I was going to anyway) when the problem would sort itself out once it's available in every country (I believe UK's release date is the 8th) and the servers stabilize? It's not going to be like this forever. I can just do something else in the meantime while I am waiting.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#9thebeaslePosted 3/7/2013 10:56:33 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10KillaBeAtPosted 3/7/2013 10:59:41 AM
I posted ALL of this in another topic, but when I contacted customer support and explained myself they offered me that same 15% coupon and, when I wasn't interested because I didn't have any faith in origin, they told me that they understood and that I could either a) have my refund or b) get a sort of "buy one get one free" from the origin story. I told them thank you, and got Tomb Raider and Crysis 3.

So yes, it is not that hard to get a refund.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.