No DRM Petition

#1need360nowPosted 3/7/2013 1:24:06 PM
Sign it people. It worked for Ubisoft and netflix.

https://www.change.org/petitions/electronic-arts-inc-remove-always-online-drm-from-simcity-and-future-games
#2Lord_VaderPosted 3/7/2013 1:25:36 PM
Honestly I think a better way to do this is file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or your State Attorney's office. If enough people do it then it might force EA to take action. But I'll sign this anyway and hopefully it'll go somewhere.
---
Live long and prosper.
#3Lunacy182Posted 3/7/2013 1:26:20 PM
Lol
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz
#4mcxar2000Posted 3/7/2013 1:27:09 PM
need360now posted...
Sign it people. It worked for Ubisoft and netflix.

https://www.change.org/petitions/electronic-arts-inc-remove-always-online-drm-from-simcity-and-future-games

Signed :)
#5Greggbird33Posted 3/7/2013 1:32:19 PM
Lord_Vader posted...
Honestly I think a better way to do this is file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or your State Attorney's office. If enough people do it then it might force EA to take action. But I'll sign this anyway and hopefully it'll go somewhere.

File a complaint for what?
---
This guy are sick.
#6dxb020100Posted 3/7/2013 1:34:57 PM(edited)
Lord_Vader posted...

Where is there any unlawful action on the part of EA? Please point me to any instances of fraud or intentional deception. Your posts tend to be nothing more than emotional hype.
#7TFHDeathUA709Posted 3/7/2013 1:37:23 PM
Greggbird33 posted...
Lord_Vader posted...

File a complaint for what?

For the company not letting a paying customer use the game when they said they would. You might say point to the User Agreement but those aren't always valid. They can put that they get your first born child in there but that doesn't mean it's a valid line.

Many BBB or other organizations will certainly put marks against a company when common sense dictates that they are overstepping what's best for them and the consumer.
---
The last time a Tiger took a beating this bad his wife had a 5 iron.
Roll Tide
#8dxb020100Posted 3/7/2013 1:40:14 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you people don't know how the BBB works.
#9Lord_VaderPosted 3/7/2013 1:42:30 PM
dxb020100 posted...
Lord_Vader posted...

Where is there any unlawful action on the part of EA? Please point me to any instances of fraud or intentional deception. Your posts tend to be nothing more than emotional hype.

They shipped a faulty product that left us without the ability to use the product when we, the consumer, wanted and were promised by way of sale to use. They knew this was going to happen but did little to prepare for it. So the consumer has every right to make an official complaint with the BBB AND or your local Attorney General's office for consumer fraud.
---
Live long and prosper.
#10dxb020100Posted 3/7/2013 1:47:06 PM
Lord_Vader posted...
dxb020100 posted...
Lord_Vader posted...

They shipped a faulty product that left us without the ability to use the product when we, the consumer, wanted and were promised by way of sale to use. They knew this was going to happen but did little to prepare for it. So the consumer has every right to make an official complaint with the BBB AND or your local Attorney General's office for consumer fraud.

I'm so glad our CJS does not credit speculation as evidence or your definition of fraud.