Currently trying to get a refund through Origin support...

#1GreatoR9129Posted 3/7/2013 1:15:25 PM
Asked to speak with the reps supervisor. Got the line "He's busy with another clients."

I told him I can wait. Lets see what happens...
#2Alamyst_Posted 3/7/2013 1:18:54 PM
They will offer you a 15% discount.
You will refuse and say you want a full refund.
They will tell you this is not possible.
You will say that EA has announced refunds are available
They will say only by their determination and you do not fit it.
You will tell them that you can stop that charge at your bank.
They will tell you they will close your Origin account meaning you will not get to play or be able to get a refund.
You will become incredibly angry.
They will keep your money.
---
psn Alamyst
#3GreenEarthPFCPosted 3/7/2013 1:19:59 PM
Do a charge back at your bank. Get out of Origin while you can, go to steam, enjoy real games and PROPER DRM.
---
Ponies.
Ponies Everywhere.
#4I Like ToastPosted 3/7/2013 1:21:04 PM(edited)
and PROPER DRM.

always online with a broken offline option that only works if you know beforehand you won't have internet and even than not always?
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
PlayStation 4 Officialy Announced
#5GreenEarthPFCPosted 3/7/2013 1:22:28 PM
Well, what I meant by proper DRM was owning the game so you could just download it from someone else and play it whenever you want.
---
Ponies.
Ponies Everywhere.
#6KillaBeAtPosted 3/7/2013 1:22:53 PM
Alamyst_ posted...
They will offer you a 15% discount.
You will refuse and say you want a full refund.
They will tell you this is not possible.
You will say that EA has announced refunds are available
They will say only by their determination and you do not fit it.
You will tell them that you can stop that charge at your bank.
They will tell you they will close your Origin account meaning you will not get to play or be able to get a refund.
You will become incredibly angry.
They will keep your money.

let it go.

I talked to them, they offered me the 15% discount on my next purchase, I (politely) told them that I didn't trust their service after this poor experience, they apologized for the issues I was having and told me that if I still wanted the refund, I could have it, or they would give me a buy one get one free type deal on any two games I wanted. So I called for a refund, and ended up with Sim City, Tomb Raider, and Crisis 3.

Honestly, I thought their customer service was excellent.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.
#7Lord_VaderPosted 3/7/2013 1:22:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7H6q90O.jpg
---
Live long and prosper.
#8Lord_VaderPosted 3/7/2013 1:25:20 PM
I Like Toast posted...
and PROPER DRM.

always online with a broken offline option that only works if you know beforehand you won't have internet and even than not always?

Don't know about you. I've never had trouble playing games offline even with crappy Internet. Then again this is Steam we're talking about. Origin is the maggot on a piece of horse **** in comparison to Steam which is like a unicorn.
---
Live long and prosper.
#9TFHDeathUA709Posted 3/7/2013 1:27:39 PM
I Like Toast posted...
and PROPER DRM.

You don't have to log on each time you use it. Just once. Plus it will never disconnect you from the game if there is a connection/server issue. You just get a message saying you lost connection unlike with always on DRM.
---
The last time a Tiger took a beating this bad his wife had a 5 iron.
Roll Tide
#10GreatoR9129(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 1:31:51 PM
Well, I kept pushing the issue and eventually got a canned response about contacting EA legal if I wish to pursue that avenue. Wut?