Quit Defending EA

#21GreenEarthPFCPosted 3/7/2013 3:33:28 PM
Thank you. I'm sad I won't be able to get the new Tomb Raider game until it is used, but I enjoy the fact that I'll be able to support Gamestop without helping EA.
---
Ponies.
Ponies Everywhere.
#22TrappedInLimboPosted 3/7/2013 3:36:27 PM
I'm not defending EA but I am gonna support SimCity because they did a great job. I'm not going to scrutinize them for the server issues because the game is fantastic. I can't change what they want to do with their games.
---
Assumptions aren't facts, opinions aren't facts.
#23schweedubz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 3:39:25 PM
KillaBeAt posted...
Quit attacking EA like its a singular omniscient entity capable of complex human emotion like greed and malice. Just casting a singular blame across a massive group of thousands of freely thinking, responsible adults is meaningless and does nothing but foster negativity and further generalize a massive group of people.

This cracks me up. I never remotely described them as an "omniscient entity". They are just yet again another video game company that is upsetting tons of people with their launch. If I buy the game, and the game doesn't work, my complaints are justified. It honestly humors me that someone would bother taking EA's side on this. Why? Because some people just have to be on the other side of the majority opinion.
#24ChrisZewskiPosted 3/7/2013 4:22:55 PM(edited)
GreenEarthPFC posted...
Thank you. I'm sad I won't be able to get the new Tomb Raider game until it is used, but I enjoy the fact that I'll be able to support Gamestop without helping EA.

uhhh Crystal Dynamics is SquEnix, not EA
#25thebeaslePosted 3/7/2013 4:08:04 PM
KillaBeAt posted...
Quit attacking EA like its a singular omniscient entity capable of complex human emotion like greed and malice. Just casting a singular blame across a massive group of thousands of freely thinking, responsible adults is meaningless and does nothing but foster negativity and further generalize a massive group of people.

If it's like any other business, EA has a corporate culture from the top down that leads to these kinds of decisions and company policies (DRM, every game will have micro-transactions, etc.) These managers are greedy and malicious, therefore "EA" is also greedy and malicious.

Amazon is probably losing money by stopping sales but feels that it will make more money in the long run by keeping its customers happy. These are two different corporate cultures and attitudes.